Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2020, 08:38 PM   #1

Is this a good price for a '92 Pace Arrow w/ redone interior?

Hey everyone,

My apologies if this isn't the right place for this question. I am trying to buy an RV, and stumbled upon a nice '92 Pace Arrow. 57k miles, has the usual washer/dryer, backup camera, but also redone kitchen and bathroom space. They are also offering to include all of the safety kits, tool kits, and winter gear as well. Seller states they have kept up on maintenance and they have all records of services performed.

They are asking $8500, which seems like a good deal from what I can find on NADA and based on other prices I've seen.

What do you think?
joedkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2020, 09:44 PM   #2
DHE

Is it a DP or gasoline engine?
DHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 09:50 PM   #3

Thanks for the quick reply, DHE! According to the seller, it is a gasoline engine.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:37 PM   #4
DHE

Joedkat, I sold a 1992 Winnebago Adventurer DP about year ago for $12,500. Look it over good, top to bottom and if it seems to be sound, make a counter offer and see what comes of it. Just my humble opinion. Good luck and happy camping.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:34 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Got a link to a listing somewhere we can see?

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Got a link to a listing somewhere we can see?

Lori-
Sorry about that! It's on Facebook Marketplace, so I didn't link to the ad because it also includes the seller's information.

Here are the photos they provided:
https://imgur.com/a/iwMj3eS

and they said they are in the process of finishing up work on the interior to make it cleaner and nicer. After looking at some other Pace Arrows from '92, it doesn't appear to be a complete renovation, but certainly a good chunk of work into making it more liveable.

I did briefly speak with the seller, and they explained there are no mechanical or electrical issues they are aware of.

"57,500 miles
35 ft
Such a comfortable space with lots of inside and outside storage
Whiteboard painted dining table
Chalkboard painted fridge
Pullout sofa
Backup camera
Washer/Dryer
Comes with tire chains for the winter, safety kits, tool kits, etc"
Old 09-15-2020, 07:10 AM   #7

At that age, particularly on a gas chassis, that could be a good deal or a total money pit.

Most gas coaches of that age would be a bad buy at $0, as total cost road ready would be higher than their actual value.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:27 AM   #8

...good buy?--who knows?--you are buying a 28 year old vehicle....most states grant "Antique Status" registration over 20 years old. Hidden leaks and structural damage are the biggest concerns. And while after-market service and support for a Vette or a Mustang is pretty good -- not good for RVs. Less of an issue if you plan to park it and live in it; bigger deal if you are wanting to travel cross-country. Lot of wonderful stories about "rescuing" old rigs from oblivion; lots more about the horror stories....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:36 AM   #9

The cosmetic improvements are attractive, but are generally inexpensive things.

Something about "No mechanical issues they are aware of" makes me concerned. I have heard that before. Maybe sincere, maybe not. I do think it is a long way from "everything works properly, and I will demonstrate that."

Engine hoses and belts should be replaced, despite the relatively low mileage. How are the tires? Check date codes, not just the amount of tread.

There is a lot to say for finding a coach that is appealing to you.

Matt B
Old 09-15-2020, 08:25 AM   #10

Very true, I am sorry for the lack of additional information.

They recently drove it from AK to CO with no issues, and they state they've kept up on all maintenance and have all service records to attest to that. They are also planning to have a mechanic look over it prior to the sale, and my buddy that I will have come with me is also a mechanic, so I figured we could look over everything at that point.

Honestly, I'm looking for a reasonably priced, used Class A or C (preferably under $10,000) for both small trips within the state, and larger trips if possible. The biggest thing would ideally be a trip to visit family out in MA from CO, but I know that might be tough with an old, used RV.

Thanks for everyone's insight!!
Old 09-15-2020, 08:40 AM   #11
DHE

Google www.smartrvguide.com for comparable Pace Arrow motor homes and prices. Hope this helps.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:05 AM   #12

I will give you my experience since it it somewhat similiar to your situation.

I purchased my 94 Pace Arrow last year for around $6000. It was a salvage title. The engine works very well & it had a newer transmission. Similiar miles as yours, around 60,000.

It also had 2 new tires.

The repairs & renovations to the inside were ALOT of work but did not cost me very much, maybe $2000 at most. I completely gutted it to include insulation and electrical.

I recall the "blue book" estimation for mine was somewhere around the $10,000 to $12,000 range.

Given that I was willing to put the elbow grease into it, I believe I got a good deal for the discount price I paid. I got a (so far) good running large gas RV with a floor plan completely customized to my wants.
Someone who was NOT willing to do all the work I did probably would not agree that is was worth the price.

Hope this helps your analysis for your situation!
C5c5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:11 AM   #13

Time in Alaska and the Alcan highway drive are NOT a plus when it comes to "good condition", particularly of the suspension and potentially rust issues. CHECK CAREFULLY!

As far as "book value", throw any book away. At that age, condition, condition, condition is really all that counts.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:58 AM   #14

Thank you so much for your advice and feedback, everyone! I am going to ask for some photos of the undercarriage if possible, and I am waiting for a photo of under the hood. I will also ask about the suspension.

C5c5, sounds like it worked out really well for you, that's awesome! That might be the way to go.

I've been looking at smartrvguide.com and it seems like this price point isn't too unrealistic, based on other Pace Arrows with similar mileage (though they have untouched interiors). There are many '92 Pace Arrows over $10k with similar or slightly lower mileage with the standard interior, but the best deal I've seen so far is one in California for $5000 that looks to be in great condition (no interior photos though).

So, like you all have said, it pretty much boils down to the overall condition.

If anyone has any other suggestions for used class A or C RVs that may be for sale under the $10k price, please let me know! I don't expect people to do searching for me haha, just if based on your past experience you can attest to any reliable RVs that meet those prerequisites.

Thanks again!

Tags
ace, interior, pace arrow