RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2014, 07:43 PM   #1

Unhappy ITW switch for cargo bay lights

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement switch for the cargo bay lights in my 2008 Bounder 35H. It is the one in the entry door area beside the step switch, actually it is connected to it in the same panel. I have searched the internet with no success for the ITW 16 amp, 3/4 hp, 125V switch. It is a rocker switch with a green light to illuminate it and has four wires connected to spade terminals on the back. I have lost all the cargo bay lights and I cannot find a fuse for this switch and am having difficulty tracing its origin. It might be associated with the engine wiring harness instead of the coach lights. I am not sure how to find it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That fuse is most likely in the bedroom fuse box. It's the 5" black box by the emergency window. FW may also be able to assist if you need a switch. 800-322-8216.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:43 PM   #3

I checked all the fuses in that fuse panel and all the light switches in the panel above this one are on one of the fuses but I could not find either the step switch/lights or the cargo bay lights in this fuse panel. The rest of the story is that I turned on the switch and then left it on for a day or two and when I next checked all the lights were on. I turned the switch off then on again and all bay lights worked. Then I turned the switch off and left it for a few minutes and haven't been able to get the lights to turn on again since. I hate intermittent problems like this. I also cannot get any voltage reading on any wire coming in to this switch. Since I don't know where the wires go I haven't been able to trace it. What fun.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:44 PM   #4

I will give FW a call tomorrow. Thanks for the number.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:46 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The step fuses are in the BCC ( battery control center ). It's in the first compartment on the pass side.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:54 PM   #6

Thanks for that info, I will check to see if the bay lights are in that area also. I had not thought of that area yet.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:09 PM   #7

the luggage light fuse is in the BCC box
3wheeljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:36 PM   #8

I found the cargo bay lights fuse and the step switch fuses in the battery control panel easily and it didn't take long to find the problem. Someone had bent the fuse plug in connectors so far open that the fuse for the cargo bay lights and one for the awning would not make connection except intermittently. I squeezed the two sides of the fuse receptacle closer together, plugged in a new fuse and behold all lights worked off the switch. Problem solved!!
Old 06-04-2014, 06:38 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the update. Glad you found it.

Tags
lights