Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2016, 01:03 PM   #1

Jack control panel saying low voltage

On our 2015 Discovery I'm getting a low voltage message on the jack control panel. The coach is plugged into 30 amp service and inverter is on. Why would I be getting this message?
sims5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2016, 01:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sims5 View Post
On our 2015 Discovery I'm getting a low voltage message on the jack control panel. The coach is plugged into 30 amp service and inverter is on. Why would I be getting this message?
My Winnebago does the same thing if the engine is off. The jacks run off the chassis battery not house and my Winnie didn't charge chassis from house, I had to add Amp-L-Start to do so, but its not enough for the jacks, still needs engine running.
jharrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:31 PM   #3

I've noticed the same thing on my Excrsion and also on the 2015 Discovery we are buying. The ignition does have to be on and the engine should be running. Seemed to go away after a while
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:32 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I saw that on my 08 knight...did not seem to have any issues with jacks going up and down so I stopped worrying about it. I now have a 2013 discovery...bought used (9000 miles) a peculiar thing I noticed unrelated to jacks..just curious if you see it on your Discovery. The mid coach left yellow side marker blinks when I signal a right hand turn...the left blinks when I signal a right hand turn...not sure if this was by design...or mis-wiring...curious how yours works.
mscully103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 03:40 PM   #5

Our 2014 Bounder did the same thing. After checking all the voltages and finding them to not be low I unplugged and cleaned the connectors on the jack control board and the problem went away.
airmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:19 PM   #6

When the message is on my Jacks won't operate. I had ignition on but engine not running. That's probably why I was getting the message. Thanks
Old 01-09-2016, 07:23 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Right on the Control Panel it says " Engine Running Required for Leveling" Or did we not read the operators manual first?
Old 01-09-2016, 12:38 PM   #8

Fiesta48. Appreciate your info. Very helpful. And to answer your question yes I read it, as the control panel won't power with the key off. I also don't like to run the engine anymore than necessary while inside my building.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:54 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey Sims!!

How goes it my friend??
Just to let you know, my Discovery has done this forever....I asked around about it a few times and never really got a good answer. Yes, your leveling system will not work without your coach running and I have tried letting it run a little longer past the high idle and still get the same message.
I finally gave up the ghost and just let it be......It always works properly and seems fine so let me know if you get anything figured out. lol
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:02 PM   #10

Hey Craig. When I have the low voltage message my jacks wouldn't operate. Other than that all is good other than winter is here now! I'm still watching the mods thread to see your lights installed.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:31 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
I know Chad,
I have everything here and ready to go but, I didn't heat the building this winter so by the time everything got here the cold moved in....grrrr and brrrr lol I will get on it as soon as I get a little bit of a break in the weather!
Last year I heated the building and it's just a pole barn and the expense was crazy! They kept saying we were going to have a mild winter so I figured I would save some cash but, know it is really cold! yuck!!
Don't you worry my friend, I will get stir crazy and they will be on and lit very soon! I have a few additional ideas that I was going to knock out at the same time so, keep a watchful eye for me sir! New mods on the way!!
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:37 PM   #12

Jack control panel saying low voltage

10-4. Ain't cool to be cheap and ain't cheap to be cool Got to be well lit!
My barn is heated cause I never learned how to winterize my coach

Tags
panel