RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2020, 06:08 PM   #1

Jumper wires

I had a short that toasted my jumper wires for the 120v side of my Atwood MPD 93756 hot water heater. It fried my jumper wires that attached to the two 120v small thermostats on the hot water heater, accessed from the bathroom vanity.

I do not have a picture or manual that shows what the color of the jumper wires are and where they attach.

If anyone has this info please post so I can finish fixing my 120v side of my hot water heater ... the propane side works fine but I would like to have the choice between propane or electric again.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hot water heater jumper.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	332.9 KB
ID:	287993  

with 325 Cummins & Spartan chassis
completelymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2020, 08:28 PM   #2

Maybe this will help.

Old 06-02-2020, 10:54 PM   #3

*Black wire (120VAC HOT) comes from main AC Panel Circuit Breaker to the on/off switch
*Black wire from the 120VAC On/Off Switch goes to the T-stat terminal (far right terminal)
*Jumper wire (any color you want) goes from T-stat terminal (left terminal) to the ECO terminal (right terminal)
*Black Wire goes from ECO terminal (left terminal) to the Electric Element (right screw)
*White wire goes from element (left screw) back to main AC panel (Neutral wire)
*Green wire........Ground wire from main AC panel---goes to the stud welded to tank wall

New Switch
Atwood 91092/92059------6 gallon model
Atwood 91089-------------10 gallon model

T-stat/ECO Set
Atwood 91873----6 and 10 gallon use same

Element/gasket
Atwood 91160/92249....120VAC 1400W screw in element

Terminal/spade connection

Small spade on T-stat terminals
Large spade on ECO terminals

Looks like jumper between t-stat & eco has bad connections, loose, dirty, corroded etc for that much heat to happen....melt wire, melted terminals
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:42 PM   #4

Thank You!

Thank you Old-Biscuit for your help, that was what I was looking for! Hot water heater works perfect ... all new wires, spade connectors and TStat/ECO did the trick.

Great helpful web site ... thank you to all!!

BTW, the previous owner or repair place was responsible for the poor wiring ... I should have looked at it closer sooner as to avoid an almost fire situation.

with 325 Cummins & Spartan chassis
completelymo is offline   Reply With Quote