RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2020, 01:40 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just a little help

Hi I have a 2018 bounder 35K and hopefully I have an easy question on my dash (above the gauges) that piece seems like it could or should pop up allowing me access the back of the gauges, radio and what not I would actually like to run some led lights strip lights to be able to see the gauges at different times itís almost impossible depending on the time of day so my question is does the molded part have a release lever or screws or someway to open it way back in the day I had a 2002 Winnebago And the top opened right up and had a arm like a hood prop so you could access the entire area thanks in advance Greg
GREG M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2020, 03:45 PM   #2

No such luck on late model Bounders. There are a series of bolts holding it in place.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREG M View Post
Hi I have a 2018 bounder 35K and hopefully I have an easy question on my dash (above the gauges) that piece seems like it could or should pop up allowing me access the back of the gauges, radio and what not I would actually like to run some led lights strip lights to be able to see the gauges at different times it’s almost impossible depending on the time of day so my question is does the molded part have a release lever or screws or someway to open it way back in the day I had a 2002 Winnebago And the top opened right up and had a arm like a hood prop so you could access the entire area thanks in advance Greg
I have a 2020 Bounder and yes, the black plastic piece that sits in front of the driver pops up; it is held on by several strips of super-strong Velcro. I will take a picture tomorrow (it is too late at night, currently) and post it here. I actually hated how much it rattled whenever I hit a bump so I added a much heavier padded velcro to bare spots. Completely silent, now.

I am making an assumption that the 2018 and 2020 have the same thing, here. Maybe you can tell somehow before you break something, if it's not!
Old 09-04-2020, 10:16 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Great thanks I felt like it might I too have rattles in that area I did just recently adjusted the hood bolts and That stopped A lot of the noise but still have some from the dash
Old 09-05-2020, 06:10 AM   #5

No Velcro on 2016. It is all held together with nuts and bolts from underneath. Mine rattled and squeaked and was fixed under warranty. I saw how they did it and it is all accessible from under the dash and a long extension ratchet.
Old 09-05-2020, 07:15 AM   #6

This is what the dash looks like when disassembled.
Dash Gauge Lights
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 09:00 AM   #7

Here is the dash cap in its usual, closed state:

Here it is, opened up and resting up against the windshield shade. You can see the two very long strips on the side and the smaller pieces in the four corners. This was the attachment from the factory.

The red circles show where I added two large pieces of Velcro to stop the plastic from rattling when we hit bumps. Worked really well.

This also allows you to acces a lot of things back there but surprisingly, not the video splitter. I wanted to experiment with a few things there, but it is simply the monitor with a single video lead that goes off to who knows where!

Hope your cap is as easy to remove as mine was.
Old 09-05-2020, 04:33 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hopefully I'm better at fixing my motor home than I am at posting on forums I tried but don't see it but thank you very much for the pictures it will help and as soon as I get a chance I will try thanks again