RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2019, 01:20 PM   #1

Just bought a 2015 Fleetwood Expedition 38K

Any other 2014 to 2016 Expedition DP owners have any suggestions, warnings or just good info on our coach? We LOVE the layout and have always wanted a coach with those huge U shaped dinettes which ours has.
Fltwood Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2019, 11:45 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fltwood Mac View Post
Any other 2014 to 2016 Expedition DP owners have any suggestions, warnings or just good info on our coach? We LOVE the layout and have always wanted a coach with those huge U shaped dinettes which ours has.
I am also an owner of Fleetwood Expedition 38K. 2016 vintage. I have been collecting information about the subsytems on the coach as I test/work/use them. I'm taking pictures of the component dataplates for model numbers and such and recording them electronically. I tend to DIY most things, and it is nice to have model and part numbers available when the coach is not available to look.

We just returned from three months of snowbirding in Florida, and the coach performed OK. Did have to replace a roller under the full wall slide located just aft of the floor step up. Was able to get it in place with minimal tools in a campground. It had ripped out the self tapping screws holding it in. Lift up the carpet to see your rollers and insure that they are bolted securely.

Also had an issue with the anti-rotation blades on the ends of the front blind motors. Make sure that they are pushed in all the way and engaging the bracket on the passenger side. If not will roll up the wiring and pull out. The blinds were made by United Shade (now owned by MCD). Motor is United Shade ES2512D-0.7/34 (Red Motor). MCD part number is 50.995, but it lacks the brown wire for sensing ignition on.

Currently working to get my EC30 AGS module updated, as the firmware is 3.02 R5 (v4.X is current, I believe). Appears that the AC power sense transformer is powered after transfer switch. This causes the generator to short cycle when running on the AGS, as AC power is sensed as soon as the generator comes on-line and reaches minimum runtime (15 minutes). The newer firmware allows you to disable this with software selection in the EC30.

Let me know if you have questions.
Louseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louseman View Post
I am also an owner of Fleetwood Expedition 38K. 2016 vintage. I have been collecting information about the subsytems on the coach as I test/work/use them. I'm taking pictures of the component dataplates for model numbers and such and recording them electronically. I tend to DIY most things, and it is nice to have model and part numbers available when the coach is not available to look.

We just returned from three months of snowbirding in Florida, and the coach performed OK. Did have to replace a roller under the full wall slide located just aft of the floor step up. Was able to get it in place with minimal tools in a campground. It had ripped out the self tapping screws holding it in. Lift up the carpet to see your rollers and insure that they are bolted securely.

Also had an issue with the anti-rotation blades on the ends of the front blind motors. Make sure that they are pushed in all the way and engaging the bracket on the passenger side. If not will roll up the wiring and pull out. The blinds were made by United Shade (now owned by MCD). Motor is United Shade ES2512D-0.7/34 (Red Motor). MCD part number is 50.995, but it lacks the brown wire for sensing ignition on.

Currently working to get my EC30 AGS module updated, as the firmware is 3.02 R5 (v4.X is current, I believe). Appears that the AC power sense transformer is powered after transfer switch. This causes the generator to short cycle when running on the AGS, as AC power is sensed as soon as the generator comes on-line and reaches minimum runtime (15 minutes). The newer firmware allows you to disable this with software selection in the EC30.

Let me know if you have questions.
Thanks for the info, I will check the slide rollers and front shades today! Does your 2016 have the electric sliding bed in the bedroom? Ours was adjusted and it lost its program settings and would not slide down into place so the dealer had to "reprogram it" so it would "see" the electronic stops when the slide is open so it will lower, just wondering if you have had issues with yours and this was a 1 time thing or might continue to be an issue.

Feel free to continue to post any issues, mods or other info about our rigs here and hopefully we can help each other though I am not nearly as handy as you but will hopefully have some info for you sooner or later....Dish network getting installed today on the rig and our house.....we are in AZ and preparing for a summer trip to New England and Quebec City!

Mike
Old 04-10-2019, 11:48 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fltwood Mac View Post
Thanks for the info, I will check the slide rollers and front shades today! Does your 2016 have the electric sliding bed in the bedroom? Ours was adjusted and it lost its program settings and would not slide down into place so the dealer had to "reprogram it" so it would "see" the electronic stops when the slide is open so it will lower, just wondering if you have had issues with yours and this was a 1 time thing or might continue to be an issue.

Feel free to continue to post any issues, mods or other info about our rigs here and hopefully we can help each other though I am not nearly as handy as you but will hopefully have some info for you sooner or later....Dish network getting installed today on the rig and our house.....we are in AZ and preparing for a summer trip to New England and Quebec City!

Mike

Our unit does have the sliding king size bed. I have not experienced any problems with it. I would be very interested in how it was programmed, though. Would hate to be camping and not be able to retract the slides because the bed would not move.

Your trip out east sounds great! Hope that all goes smooth. We are in Michigan, and went up the Canadian side of the St Lawrence Seaway about 5 years back. Went through Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City. Was a lot of fun. Our destination was the Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick. Very impressive to see the tides there. We came back home through the States via Maine. Visited Bar Harbor and Acadia. Be prepared for the fuel price shock in Canada. Much cheaper to travel in the States.

A nice addition to our coach was a propane fire pit and Weber Q grill. Removed the propane regulators off of them and put on propane quick disconnects. Then use extension hoses to connect to the low pressure propane line under the passenger slide.
--
Mike
Old 04-10-2019, 07:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Our unit does have the sliding king size bed. I have not experienced any problems with it. I would be very interested in how it was programmed, though. Would hate to be camping and not be able to retract the slides because the bed would not move.

Your trip out east sounds great! Hope that all goes smooth. We are in Michigan, and went up the Canadian side of the St Lawrence Seaway about 5 years back. Went through Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City. Was a lot of fun. Our destination was the Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick. Very impressive to see the tides there. We came back home through the States via Maine. Visited Bar Harbor and Acadia. Be prepared for the fuel price shock in Canada. Much cheaper to travel in the States.

A nice addition to our coach was a propane fire pit and Weber Q grill. Removed the propane regulators off of them and put on propane quick disconnects. Then use extension hoses to connect to the low pressure propane line under the passenger slide.
--
Mike
That sounds like a great trip as well, we will only be in Canada up to Quebec from Maine then down to Montreal, then back down into the US so thanks for letting me know to fill up just before I get into Canada which will then do me till I'm back in the US.

I asked the service guy about the programing sequence but he kind of blew me off saying I would never remember it years from now if I ever needed it but I could always call to have a tech walk me through it and I accepted that but in retrospect I should have made him go get the tech and write down the steps but oh well, hopefully I will never need it again.

I was happy to see the rig has the extra LP connection as I have a large flattop grill I like to cook breakfasts and things like Philly cheese steaks on and it connects right to it as well....I still prefer using charcoal when using my Webber but if in parks that don't allow that I just use the flat top grill. I may have to go buy a propane fire pit though, that sounds nice.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:24 PM   #6

Quote:

--
Mike
Another question....my fridge seems to work great except I cant get the icemaker to work, it appears its not getting water and I suspect there is a water shutoff valve to the icemaker somewhere but have no idea where it might be, any ideas of where it may be?
Old 04-13-2019, 06:22 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mike,

The valve is located behind the drawers under the cooktop. There should be a silver valve on a blue/cold water line stub. The valve has a 1/4" poly tube (yellow) up to the refer.

On mine, I can remove the upper drawer and access the valve handle. To see the valve body and tube, I would need to pull the lower drawer.

Something to check is that the refrigerator is secure in the upper mounting. Looking in the gap at the top of the refer, check that the screws holding the refer into the framework are tight. Don't want the fridge to walk its way out of the enclosure
--
Mike
Old 04-13-2019, 06:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Mike,

The valve is located behind the drawers under the cooktop. There should be a silver valve on a blue/cold water line stub. The valve has a 1/4" poly tube (yellow) up to the refer.

On mine, I can remove the upper drawer and access the valve handle. To see the valve body and tube, I would need to pull the lower drawer.

Something to check is that the refrigerator is secure in the upper mounting. Looking in the gap at the top of the refer, check that the screws holding the refer into the framework are tight. Don't want the fridge to walk its way out of the enclosure
--
Mike

Thanks Mike! Great news.....I also discovered why the bed slide sometimes doesn't work and I thought it had become stuck in the up position again, when the slide is out completely it barely comes in contact with the switch that enables the bed slide to move so I had my wife open the back slide and I stood at the end of the bed and just as the back slide comes into its completely open position I gave the bed a hard push which then firmly placed the switch into place allowing me to move the bed slide down...I am now thinking about hiring someone to rewire it and completely bypass the switch that keeps the bed slide from working when the back slide is in, I mean its kind of stupid anyway as I can remember to not put the bed down until the back slide is completely open which is why the switch is there to begin with
Old 04-14-2019, 01:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Mike,

--
Mike

Thanks again, I found it right where you said it was, turned the silver valve and noticed the small yellow water line to the fridge is not even connected to the silver handled valve...unbelievable LOL
Old 04-27-2019, 02:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Mike,

--
Mike
Don't know if you are on Facebook but I just started a Fleetwood Expedition Owners group and would love it if you could join if you are on FB.

Thanks

Mike
https://www.facebook.com/groups/821792241532050/
Old 04-28-2019, 02:32 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mike,

Sorry, I am not on Facebook. I leave it up to DW to keep me updated there.

On a side note, did an oil change on my generator (QD8000) and installed an oil drain valve on it (EZ-106 $26.65 Amazon). It requires the EZ-A610 adapter ($8.50 on Amazon) to fit the drain hole. Also installed a new air filter on the generator. We are doing a bit of boondocking in the winter, and it was due.

Sent out the EC30 AGS module to Cummins, and had its firmware updated to be able to configure the shore power sense voltage as AFTER the transfer switch. They also removed R37 from the module, as required. This was causing the generator to short cycle on the AGS, as shore power was sensed as soon as the generator kicked on and powered the inverter. New firmware is version 4.00 R6. Service was free, except for the one way shipping to Cummins.

Also installed an oil drain valve on the ISB 360HP. Installed a Fumoto F-104N ($26.88 Amazon) valve on the oil pan. It was a cool morning, and I swapped the oil drain plug with the Fumoto valve with the engine full of oil. Only spilled about 4 tablespoons of oil in the process. Really makes changing the oil a breeze.

With the 3 quarts of oil in the generator and a fill on the ISB and filter, I used 5 gallons of Shell Rotella 15W-40 total.
--
Mike
Old 04-29-2019, 07:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Mike,

Sorry, I am not on Facebook. I leave it up to DW to keep me updated there.

On a side note, did an oil change on my generator (QD8000) and installed an oil drain valve on it (EZ-106 $26.65 Amazon). It requires the EZ-A610 adapter ($8.50 on Amazon) to fit the drain hole. Also installed a new air filter on the generator. We are doing a bit of boondocking in the winter, and it was due.

Sent out the EC30 AGS module to Cummins, and had its firmware updated to be able to configure the shore power sense voltage as AFTER the transfer switch. They also removed R37 from the module, as required. This was causing the generator to short cycle on the AGS, as shore power was sensed as soon as the generator kicked on and powered the inverter. New firmware is version 4.00 R6. Service was free, except for the one way shipping to Cummins.

Also installed an oil drain valve on the ISB 360HP. Installed a Fumoto F-104N ($26.88 Amazon) valve on the oil pan. It was a cool morning, and I swapped the oil drain plug with the Fumoto valve with the engine full of oil. Only spilled about 4 tablespoons of oil in the process. Really makes changing the oil a breeze.

With the 3 quarts of oil in the generator and a fill on the ISB and filter, I used 5 gallons of Shell Rotella 15W-40 total.
--
Mike
Great updates! Thanks......And feel free to ask your wife join our FB group, we have about 35 Expedition owners in just over 24 hours so far

Tags
fleetwood