Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2021, 01:22 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Keyless Entry and Radio no 12V power?

2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40X, 350 Cat

Checking all fuses, under drivers center console, rear fuse panel, outside rear passenger storage 2 fuse boxes, no blown fuse. There is power to Radio Control Module, to 3 of the 4 terminals, nothing to Signal.

Additional: Front window fans have never worked and have no wiring diagram for them.
Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2021, 11:44 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I failed to include in my original post that I had found and replaced a 15A fuse in the bedroom rear fuse panel, this didn't fix any of my bad circuits.

I brought in a RV technician who is resident to the Sun Outdoors RV park and he was great at troubleshooting most of the problems. Found the door solenoid was failing and needs to be replaced. Still no voltage found to the door. Removed the door inner-lining waiting for a new solenoid.

He pulled the radio (replacement Kenwood) and found 12V up to the connection at the radio which appeared to be a open. Just starting my search for a new pigtail for the radio,

I learned some troubleshooting steps and that my previous conclusion that the circuit was defective even after fuse replacement kept me from finding the problems without help.

We still haven't addressed the window fan problem.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:36 AM   #3

In my 2006 Discovery, there is a BCC or Battery Control Center in the drivers side engine starting battery compartment. Inside the BCC there is a F12 15 amp fuse for "Dash Fans". Maybe that is the one for your fans.

Also, there is also a F16 10 amp Radio Switch fuse in there.
Maybe your coach has the same thing? Here is a pic of the fuse layout inside the BCC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180923_162942.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	350866   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180923_103812.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	350867  

2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 05:29 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Keyless Entry and Radio

Thanks problem fixed.
Old 03-15-2022, 06:50 PM   #5

Here is a picture for my battery switches you asked about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery switches.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	348.1 KB
ID:	359297  
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 12:58 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Battery Disconnect Switches, location problem

I see 2 Battery Disconnect Switches and circuit breaker buttons both in the second picture BigD9 sent and on my same panel located next to Chasis Batteries. Referring to the top left diagram has F73-1044 printed at top. Has anybody seen or reset these breakers? Am I just reading the diagram wrong?

Tags
12v, power, radio