Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2022, 07:46 PM   #1

Kitchen Slide out

I have a 2017 Bounder 35p and I am having an issue when bringing in the kitchen slide out. On the end that the residential refrigerator is located it is sticking and it acts like it is going to pull the outside wall down before it comes lose and starts in. There is no problem after it finally moves and slide works perfectly when putting it out. Cannot see anything wrong that would cause this. Any advice is appreciated.
Daffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2022, 01:34 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffit View Post
I have a 2017 Bounder 35p and I am having an issue when bringing in the kitchen slide out. On the end that the residential refrigerator is located it is sticking and it acts like it is going to pull the outside wall down before it comes lose and starts in. There is no problem after it finally moves and slide works perfectly when putting it out. Cannot see anything wrong that would cause this. Any advice is appreciated.
Hey Daffit,

Sorry to hear about your problems. I am in the 35P as well and have had nothing but problems with that particular slide. Most of my issues have come from alignment problems. Any chance your slide is misaligned?? When it is pulled all the way in is the flange consistent on both ends of the slide?

My model year uses Power Gear Slide motors. They are fairly easy to manipulate manually if need be. Steps are:

1) Remove the face plate on the control panel above entry door
2) Hold the Clear Stops button for 5 seconds (Bottom of box)
3) Hold the motor buttons and use the IN control to align slide in the in position (There are 4 Motor buttons - mine uses the first 2) You can manipulate each motor independently, just make sure not to move one so much you bind the whole thing up
4) Hit the clear stops button
5) Hold the motor buttons and use the out control to fully extend the slide
6) Hit the clear stops button
7) If Green and Red LED Flash for 1 second you have successfully realigned your slide.

The other possibility that comes to mind... Is something blocking the slide arm or the gears? I know one time I had stuff in storage move into a position where it was interfering with the slide arm coming in. Check all the teeth on the slide arm, if one motor is doing all the pulling for a couple of inches you could have an effect similar to what you describe.

Good Luck!

And here is a link to our 35P Owners Group so that you can reach out direct to the rest of us with the same rig - https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/bou...up-462569.html

2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P / 2015 Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 05:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griswald One View Post
Hey Daffit,

Sorry to hear about your problems. I am in the 35P as well and have had nothing but problems with that particular slide. Most of my issues have come from alignment problems. Any chance your slide is misaligned?? When it is pulled all the way in is the flange consistent on both ends of the slide?

My model year uses Power Gear Slide motors. They are fairly easy to manipulate manually if need be. Steps are:

1) Remove the face plate on the control panel above entry door
2) Hold the Clear Stops button for 5 seconds (Bottom of box)
3) Hold the motor buttons and use the IN control to align slide in the in position (There are 4 Motor buttons - mine uses the first 2) You can manipulate each motor independently, just make sure not to move one so much you bind the whole thing up
4) Hit the clear stops button
5) Hold the motor buttons and use the out control to fully extend the slide
6) Hit the clear stops button
7) If Green and Red LED Flash for 1 second you have successfully realigned your slide.

The other possibility that comes to mind... Is something blocking the slide arm or the gears? I know one time I had stuff in storage move into a position where it was interfering with the slide arm coming in. Check all the teeth on the slide arm, if one motor is doing all the pulling for a couple of inches you could have an effect similar to what you describe.

Good Luck!

And here is a link to our 35P Owners Group so that you can reach out direct to the rest of us with the same rig - https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/bou...up-462569.html
Thanks for the info. I will check that out.
Daffit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out