Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #1

Left turn signal issue 2002 American Eagle

I noticed today when checking my trailer lights that I have no left turn signal at the trailer. I checked the connection at the plug on the MH and I get a dim flash (Dim on my probe compared to the right turn signal) I traced the wire loom from the plug on the back of the motorhome to a connector inside the engine compartment (Rear) and the light flashes dim there too. All of my lights, including turn signals, work fine on the MH, it's just not making the left turn signal through to the trailer, even with a dim signal at the plug. It's dark out right now so I'll check the voltage at the plug tomorrow AM. Not sure what the issue is??...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The trailer plug has it own fuses. Mine were in a compartment by the engine ecu. It was on the passenger side next to last compartment. My left turn signal was not working. It had its own fuse. I have a freightliner chassis.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #3

I have a Spartan Chassis..Never recall running across a fuse panel for that but I'll check. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:04 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Off-the-wall suggestion: bein' as the rear lights likely go thru the emergency flasher, operate the emergency flasher a few times. Just MIGHT clean the contacts! (and it's free and easy!)
nbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:16 PM   #5

i'll give that a try! thanks...
Old 11-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #6

NADA.....pulled the flasher out and put back in too.

Tomorrow I'll see if I have some fuses in the back by the power jack and battery "stuff". I'll call Fleetwood after that if I don't find anything.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Sounds like a bad ground at the light.
Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Check your ground circuits, if you have a dim bulb that is the likely cause.
quadnkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #9

The light that is dim is my tester when I test the left signal output at the trailer plug on the MH. It's not dim on the right turn signal output at the trailer plug so my ground I'm using on my tester should be good. I followed a wiring loom from the plug that I plug the trailer lights into. This loom goes to a connector that I pulled apart to make sure nothing was corroded. The connections looked good and I still got a dim light on my tester on the left signal output. Everything else on the trailer lights work good except for the left turn signal. (I'm not sure about the left brake light but that one may not work either-I'll have my DW check it with me tomorrow) Hopefully it will be a simple fuse as Bosshawg pointed out!!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:39 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
I was meaning the turn signal ground at the lamp assembly primarily.
quadnkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #11

American Coach Owners Club
Smile

After confirming all the grounds are good, then go to the 4 dedicated Bosch relays that are dedicated to the 4 corner turn signals, mine are located in front of the pass - rear wheel up in the rear harness- in plain view. I had a similar issues and found that the left rear relay was going bad. Replaced the relay and the turn signal was ok.
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote