Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2020, 08:50 PM   #1

Leveling and ???

On my 38w i have a full wall slide on passenger side.
I usually dump the air then level before putting slides out.
Problem i have is it doesnt get front end up enough for water and a/c condensation to run off the back and runs off the front from the full wall slide topper right by the front door.
I have raised it more manually but dont want front tires off the ground.
Would it help to put slides out first then level it? Or any other ideas?
DonB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2020, 09:29 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Blocks under the front tires?
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 05:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB2 View Post
Problem i have is it doesnt get front end up enough for water and a/c condensation to run off the back and runs off the front from the full wall slide topper right by the front door.

How about don’t use auto just manual and don’t raise rear just let them touch the ground for stability.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
How about don’t use auto just manual and don’t raise rear just let them touch the ground for stability.
Problem solved
Milford 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:01 AM   #5

Fleetwood Full Wall and Electric Levelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB2 View Post
This is already solved but for those with similar questions on the Full Wall and leveling.

I have a 2007 38V Fleetwood Bounder Diesel I purchased new with a full wall slide and electric levelers. You must level before putting the slide out or risk binding the slide or over working the motors. For the first several years I did everything wrong. I one touched auto level like the salesman told me but that's just so wrong. I broke a leg and then another repairing them myself with used motors or new gears. I have broken a gear, sheared a pin and replaced a motor. Three events. Luckily I befriended a lady at Atwood on the first event which was a sheared pin and she sent me a pin and gears to fix my leg and spare gears pins and parts for next time but more importantly she gave advise and said never auto extend only stabilize. She said over extending is always the root cause and she warned me about lifting off the full weight of the coach. Today they are not even available so take care of what you got. Run the engine for levelers is rule number one. Park on level spots as best you can. Dump your air so the legs don't have to over extend and never auto level rather extend all manual and they will touch the ground for stability and stop. Good enough, no risk of breaking leg gears or over extend and break gears. Then with engine running extend your full wall. I keep a foot on the gas and reach over to the switch to keep the amps up on the three motors moving the slide. If the motors don't get enough amperage it can cause a failure you don't want. The slide will stop at the end of the run but I stop before it completely groans to a stop to protect gears motors etc from over stressing. Putting the slide back in I start the engine to bring in the slide. Once in I air back up lifting off the legs minimizing stress and then retract the legs. I'm waiting for the wall slide problems that have not yet happened. I have a spare motor and encoder just in case. Parts are hard to find Fleetwood and Atwood and Lippert no longer make the parts but I spoke to a Service Tech at Fleetwood and he told me he sees no difference in the slide parts, motors etc in today's Full Wall and my 2007 so there is hope from a willing source. For now I baby everything, cross my fingers and thank God every time things works as they should.
Jimfh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling