Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2019, 02:44 PM   #1

Lightbar Control Unit Instrument Panel

OK folks, we just picked up a 2019 Discovery LXE and am trying to configure our Lightbar Control Unit. On our old Thor ACE it showed how many miles to empty for our gas, which made it nice to plan ahead to where to get gas. I don’t see this on the Discovery, or am I just missing it?
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #2

My last two haven't had a "distance to empty" Only thing you can do is monitor "fuel used" and substract it from 100 gal, then use your avg. mileage.

Does your dash "Freightliner" air conditioner work good?
Old 06-11-2019, 07:59 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The LBCU gives a lot of good information but DTE isn't part of it. My last coach had one and it was great once I learned how it all worked. My new coach has a digital dash and it does give DTE but I don't use it much since I got so comfortable with the info the LBCU gave me.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post
My last two haven't had a "distance to empty" Only thing you can do is monitor "fuel used" and substract it from 100 gal, then use your avg. mileage.

Does your dash "Freightliner" air conditioner work good?
Thanks for the tip. We haven’t taken it on our first trip yet, when I fill it up do I scroll down to “fuel used” and reset it? Do I just push that toggle switch to the right and hold it to do that?

Our dash A/C doesn’t work that well. We had the dealer check it out and they say it is blowing out at 50 degrees. We have to have the fan on high to keep us cool. On our old Thor ACE (a entry level gasser) the dash A/C worked great, we could keep the fan on the “1” setting and sometimes had to turn the vent away because it was to cold.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:48 AM   #5

Mine is in the shop now having the air worked on. Freightliner of Tulsa has two new coaches in the shop with the same symptoms on the A/C. After going through everything the tech. spent yesterday, Tue., 6-11, on the phone with Freightliner and the new chassis A/C systems are being charged with 2.6 lbs of gas. The previous systems like in my 2017 40D were charged with 4.25 lbs of gas. The pressure on the low side is only running at about 14 psi when a more normal pressure would be around 30/35 psi. They are thinking that there was a misprint in the factory instructions to charge the systems with 2.6 lbs of gas and the engineers are looking into this. The tech was told he would get a call this morning telling him what to do and he expects them to say to add gas until the low side pressure gets to a normal pressure.
If this is true, it may affect a lot of Freightliner coaches of all makes.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:44 AM   #6

Alank

Thanks for that info, please keep me informed on what the final outcome for the A/C. I wouldn’t mind a little cooled dash air.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:48 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If the a/c system is from Denso, (probably) the factory service manual shows 3.8 #'s. See attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 12.46.55 PM.png
Views:	23
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	249583  
Old 06-12-2019, 12:14 PM   #8

It's 1:00pm Wed. and just talked to the tech at Freightliner, Tulsa. Freightliner, Tulsa has just got a third new coach in with a poorly operating A/C. He says Freightliner is now working with the manufacturer of the A/C unit to find a solution to the problem, don't know the name of the manufacturer.
Freightliner won't add gas until the manufacturer approves of doing so, if more gas damages the unit, then it would be Freightliner's expense rather than the manufactures expense.
My concern is that mine doesn't work and we don't have the coach to go to Branson which is where we had planned to be on Monday. Starting to look like we were planning on the wrong Monday.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:18 AM   #9

Got my coach back yesterday, A/C works, but not great, just what I would consider as adequate, but may not be adequate on a 90* day. They added1/2 lb. of gas to get it to work. This is a new A/C unit by Aurora (sp?) and may not be the same capacity A/C unit as older ones were. On the 2+ hr. trip home at outside temps. of 75/80, it did fine. July/Aug. heat will test it.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:01 AM   #10

Sounds like our dash A/C, not as good as my old Thor, but will keep us from getting to hot.

Tags
light, panel