Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2023, 12:44 PM   #1

Looking for headlight schematics

Good afternoon
I have this mystery of headlights not working with dash switch, but will turn on with the wipers activated on Smartwheel. Would anyone have the headlight schematic for a 03 Fleetwood Revolution or know where I could get one. Specifically need to know if the headlight wiring is independent of the Smartwheel controls and the locations of any fuses or relays.. I've installed a new switch and the relays and fuse that I've been able to find seem fine.
Any info or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank in advance, Bob
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2023, 12:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyT49 View Post
Good afternoon

I have this mystery of headlights not working with dash switch, but will turn on with the wipers activated on Smartwheel. Would anyone have the headlight schematic for a 03 Fleetwood Revolution or know where I could get one. Specifically need to know if the headlight wiring is independent of the Smartwheel controls and the locations of any fuses or relays.. I've installed a new switch and the relays and fuse that I've been able to find seem fine.

Any info or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank in advance, Bob

Does it make any difference if you put into gear?
Old 01-21-2023, 01:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Does it make any difference if you put into gear?
Hi Rooster,

No, putting into gear makes no difference. Now that you mention that, I don't think the DRL's are activating either.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 01-22-2023, 05:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyT49 View Post
Hi Rooster,

No, putting into gear makes no difference. Now that you mention that, I don't think the DRL's are activating either.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Power at switch?
If yes relay would be next to check in my opinion.
Old 01-22-2023, 09:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Power at switch?
If yes relay would be next to check in my opinion.
I do have power out of switch. I removed and bench tested relays and both test ok. I seem to be losing power between the switch and the relays. If I turn the headlights on via the wipers control on smartwheel, then turn the headlight switch on, it will shut the headlights off. I'd just like to know if the headlight circuit and smartwheel controls are independent of each other as the smartwheel master in the lower compartment had gotten wet at one point, but all smartwheel functions are working perfectly. Wondering if when the switch is turned on if something is shorting out causing the lights to turn off. I do not have constant 12V to the #30 pin at relay unless the key is on. I would think I would have power there as the lights should work without the key on as the parking lights do. I was hoping to get schematics to know what to look for, however I guess they're not available. Seems to be turning into a non DIY project. Having someone look at it this week.
Again, thanks for your responses . Bob
Old 01-22-2023, 03:19 PM   #6

Im not familiar with your specific setup but this sounds like a possible ground issue to me.

I know you checked the hot side but did you confirm you have good grounds also?
An easy way to test is to find the ground wire and temporarily jumper a wire from it to frame and see if that resolves or not.

You can also check for ground continuity using an ohm meter. Should read near zero ohms.
Old 01-22-2023, 08:52 PM   #7

Thanks Jon_C. I'll definitely double check that as well.
Appreciate the suggestion.
Bob
Old 07-14-2023, 10:07 AM   #8

Did you resolve your issue? It's a good idea to post your outcome so others may learn from your experience.
Kal El is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headlight, light, schematics