Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2020, 03:25 PM   #1

Smile Low washer fluid warning

Does anyone know where to get the sensor that goes on the outside of the washer fluid tank?
Evidently mine went bad. I have unplugged it, the alarm goes off, I have pulled the fuse, the alarm goes off, I have tried to short the pins, that is how I found the fuse location. Enough said about that.

I can find the tank on line but not the stick on sensor.
The only time it quits beeping when I go down the road is when I take the hearing aids out. Helps with the co-pilot noise also.

2016 American Allegiance
Freightliner Chassis
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2020, 09:51 PM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
Don, I had this happen on my 2010 eagle. The adhesive that held the sensor onto the tank had loosened and although the sensor was still attached, it wasn't making enough contact to work properly. I glued it back on with liquid nails and duct tape to hold it in place while the glue cured. Problem went away.
Might also check for a pinched wire between the sensor and where the gen slide passes.
CompuGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 01:22 PM   #3

thanks, I will try that and let you know this weekend.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:53 PM   #4

Don,
I went out to the motorhome today to do some prep for an upcoming trip and thought I would check out the windshield washer just to see if the blades needed to be replaced. Was surprised to see that the washer didn't work! Decided to do some troubleshooting and this is what I found. The sensor was still attached firmly to the tank so that wasn't the problem. Checked the fuse for the motor (F32, 5 amp) under the front step and it was good.
disconnected the wires to the pump motor and hooked up a 12 volt battery directly. Motor tested good and water flowed freely. Noticed that the wires that plugged into the motor were loose (standard spade pins on the motor and push on connectors on wires. Also saw that there was a locking connector about 6 inches above the motor. When I tried to separate the connector it was corroded tight. Ended up cutting the connector out and crimping in some 6 inch patch wires with ends that plugged directly into the motor.
I also checked out the sensor with three wires. The black wire is common and is connected directly to ground. The other two wires are the control wires. The sensor resistance from ground to either of the other wires is approximately 600 ohms one direction and effectively open the other direction. This is indicative of diode transistor logic. Just information for you. The good news is that once the connectors were cleaned up (replaced) and the corroded socket removed, the washer worked perfectly!
The only way to check out the wires where they go into the pump is to remove the pump motor and examine the wires visually. Only two machine screws hold the pump motor onto the tank assy and with a little bit of coaxing they come out. WD40 could help free them up if they are too tight.
Hope this helps you in your troubleshooting.
Bill
Old 10-08-2020, 09:54 PM   #5

Also, which fuse blew when you shorted the pins?
Old 10-09-2020, 06:39 AM   #6

I don't know what number it was but it was in the Battery compartment way back to where I could only use 1 arm to reach in.
I just checked each fuse until i found one that only had voltage on one side.
I replaced it and the pump worked again.
thanks for the info.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:39 AM   #7

I went through the wiring this weekend. I traced the wires out and didn't find any shorts or grounds except for the black which is ground.
I did find a wire on the firewall that had pulled out of the pin in the through wall connector.
I dont know what it was for but fixed it anyway. I did however get rid of the chime so I don' have to listen to that.
I am going to try a complete shut down of the electrical to see if a reboot will solve the problem.

Have a good week all
Old 10-19-2020, 03:35 PM   #8

The complete shutdown did not fix the problem either.
I only have 1 short trip planed since the Corps is shutting down the campgrounds the end of this week.I can live with it that long.

I will have all summer to work on that problem as I am retiring the end of February.

My turn to live the good life.
safe travels all.

Tags
fluid