Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2016, 03:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
let me make a minor correction to this information, as contained here in the manual: http://www.magnum-dimensions.com/sit...ev-D-ME-RC.pdf

"Shore Max - This selection ensures the inverter AC loads
receive the maximum current available from the utility or generator power.
Whenever the utility or generator is connected to the inverter (thru AC HOT
1), the current used to power the AC loads and to charge the batteries is
monitored. When the total current used to power the AC loads and charge
the batteries begins to approach the Shore Max setting, the current that was
used for charging the batteries will automatically be reduced
. This ensures
the AC loads have all the available current when needed
."

and...
"CAUTION: The Shore Max setting does not limit the current to the
inverter loads
. If the current from the loads on the output of the
inverter are greater than the circuit breaker rating on the incoming
AC source, you [still] may experience nuisance tripping on this breaker.
"

just to sum up - use the ShoreMax setting to limit the amount of amps that the CHARGER uses, not to limit the amount of AC amps from your other items being used in the coach. This allows you to reduce the amperages that the Charger uses in order to help NOT trip the outside shore power breaker, giving you the MOST amps for your other needs within the coach... though you still need to be aware of over reaching your total amps available.
Please see post #10 of this thread. The EMS takes care of this issue in my '16 Bounder.
If I am incorrect please reply back how it is working.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags
inverter