Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2019, 01:57 PM   #1

Maiden Voyage on 2006 Discovery 39S

I noticed a couple of things while driving my new-to-me 2006 39S home from the lot. This unit has the 330hp Cat and has decent acceleration at low speeds. But when running around 50mph on flat road, and putting the hammer down (accelerator fully pressed), it is has very slow acceleration. The transmission doesn't downshift. Is this typical? My old coach 98D, 36T with the 275hp Cummins at least had a passing gear.

Also, the air dryer must be shot has it was purging every 1-2 seconds at high RPM, and about every 10-30 secs at idle. The air gauges were holding around 110. I'm guessing it is a bad check valve, but will replace the whole dryer unit this week.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2019, 02:59 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Does your 6 spd allison have econo mode? if so was it turned on. When engaged it will not downshift. The only other issue could be the throttle needs to be adjusted to trigger the downshift.
nukerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:38 PM   #3

My 05 won’t downshift above 50. Asked FL at Gafney and they said no. Til rpms go down to about 1500. .??
GBDTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, discovery, voyage