Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2016, 07:06 PM   #43

I agree. Id like to take a close look at that but im way down in Quartzsite. No plans to head north now.
Can ya pop that touchpad open and take a look or is it sealed?
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2016, 07:50 PM   #44

American Coach Owners Club
It is not sealed, I have opened it and the controller up. Seen nothing. No damage, burn marks or funny smells. Basically they are circuit boards....

Both are not failed. Only the touch pad. BUT it's a obsolete part and only available as a update package that includes controller and wiring harness.

Sure i can call American Coach, but the mfg. supplied the diagnostic chart that I'm sure AC uses as well and the steps to check everything like connectors, voltage and grounds indicate a failure in the touch pad.

I am seeking some one who can do board level repairs to see if there's anything that can be repaired.

I ain't rolled over and took it in the shorts yet....
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:59 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchero View Post
Ouch! Ebay? Salvage? Thanks for update.
Scanned eBay for them...lots of power gear pads and controllers but nothing like mine....there were 2 controller on eBay, but no touch pad... found one online at a salvage yard, $650 for both & no warranty. These parts are kinda crude, 1990's technology and most that are out on the web are going to be close to end of life...a real buzzkill

I'll post part #'s in the am....
Old 11-04-2016, 09:34 PM   #46
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackwrench View Post
Scanned eBay for them...lots of power gear pads and controllers but nothing like mine....there were 2 controller on eBay, but no touch pad... found one online at a salvage yard, $650 for both & no warranty. These parts are kinda crude, 1990's technology and most that are out on the web are going to be close to end of life...a real buzzkill

I'll post part #'s in the am....
If it is a choice between used parts and no warranty at $650, and new parts with a warranty for 1,017 I know which way I would go.

If however you can find someone that can repair a board level that would be outstanding.

Glenn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 10:48 PM   #47

The pad, any electronics on it or is it just switches?

I had one simple girkin tell me my microwave that was now Inop. due to an over voltage condition was not salvageable. I found a $2.00 MOV blown, picked one up at Radio Shack, soldered a new one in and guess what, it worked, exact same thing with a DirecTV STB. Too many experts out on the web! LOL
Old 11-05-2016, 08:49 AM   #48

Quote:
The pad, any electronics on it or is it just switches?
Yep just a bunch of switches....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1478357320098.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	143570   Click image for larger version

Name:	1478357333060.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	143571  

Old 11-05-2016, 08:51 AM   #49

Now obsolete part # of touch pad
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1478357480306.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	143572  
Old 11-05-2016, 08:52 AM   #50

Now obsolete Part # of controller
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1478357532507.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	143573  
Old 11-05-2016, 10:04 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackwrench View Post
Yep just a bunch of switches....
Hmmmm, the fog is starting to clear now.

From what I can see that touchpad has a crapload of electronics on the backside of the switch. Switches/lights on one side, electronics on the other.
How many pins off the touchpad or i guess I should be asking how many wires between the touchpad and the controller?
Wish I was closer. Id sure like to take a closer look at those boards.
I used to collect early Williams solid state pinball machines. They had a number of boards in the head interconnected via ribbon cables. Did allot of board work on those pins.
If you do go the updated route id sure like to get those boards in my hand or better yet if anybody has some dead ones laying around ship them to me.
Mack, what are you using to take those pics? Have any higher rez pics you can email to me?
Im out here in the LTVA area known as LaPosa West. Reading these posts on my smartass phone so excuse the misspelled words. Hard typing on these screens.
i try and zoom in but the rez. is not their and the image goes to hell.

I had a 93 Pace Arrow Diesel for 12 years that I did my own work on. The PADP was assembeled on the same lins as the American Dream, Tradition and such. Lots of the same components. The Pace was more of the entry level Diesel. Sadly Fleetwood only did a 2 year run, 93 and 94. Had the HWH kick down jacks with the computerized leveling. Had some issues with the hydraulic side, never the electronics side so i never dug into it more than i needed to. Sure do miss that rig. That mechanical cummins was sweet. Coupled with the Allison 3060 i would get 10mpg. I had to swap out the head due to a cracked exhaust port. Sucker had q50k on her and those sleeved cylinders still had the hone marks in them!
Enough for now. Need to make a dump run today. Black tank not full but getting ripe! Im not onto those blue totes!

Thanks four your time/effort taking those pics.
Old 11-05-2016, 12:07 PM   #52

mchero, there are only 3 wires at touch pad. One is connected to ignition keyed 12 volts. The other 2 go to under coach basement mounted controller. Of those two, one receives ground from controller and the other sends micro voltage to controller based on which button you push. In my diagnosis:
I have power at the touch pad with engine running, the touch pad is receiving ground from controller, but I have no lights on and no voltage out of touch pad when any buttons are pushed.

My family owed a large Motorola 2 way radio service shop, and did board level repairs. They sold it last year but I know a few of the techs. I'm going to reach out and see if I can get them to look at it. The "electronics" for this were mfg by Millwakuee Controls
Old 11-05-2016, 12:20 PM   #53

Not a simple connection between the two if so few wires. Great idea, get one of thoes techs to take a close look and let us know what they think. I think its hopefull. Ill keep quiet now and let ya all get back to the topic.

Thanks
Old 11-05-2016, 12:46 PM   #54
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Not a simple connection between the two if so few wires. Great idea, get one of thoes techs to take a close look and let us know what they think. I think its hopefull. Ill keep quiet now and let ya all get back to the topic.

Thanks
This is the topic.

Glenn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:35 AM   #55

Here's link to American Coach....if you have a login the AC part number is

https://parts.revgroup.com/gensuite/...hString=359488

https://parts.revgroup.com/catalogdo...1-6d232178dc5a
Old 11-07-2016, 08:30 AM   #56