Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2016, 10:13 AM   #1
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Leveling Jack Systems / Power Gear / Lippert Components

There is a load of information in this thread on the Leveling Jacks by Power Gear. The first page sort of got it going, the meat is from page two on.

I will be creating an index of topics here (More when I return)

Index of Topics covered in this thread.

Adjustment procedure control box level sensor.............Page 2....Post # 23

Air bag dump control........................................... ....Page 2....Post # 26
Air bag dump control....Cause and effect....................Page 6....Post # 72

Air Dump Valve voltage connector readings..................Page 5

Air line Diagram........................................... ...........Page 5

American Coach Links............................................. .Page 4

Circuit Board Repair Company...................................Page 7....Post # 87

Cylinder Repair and Manuals.....................................Page 6....Post # 82

Hydraulic Fluids Recommended..................................Page 6....Post # 78

Manuals.(some).................................... ..................Page 2....Post # 15
Manuals.(complete set of links, bottom of)..................Page 2....Post # 28

Pump Motor............................................. ..............Page 6....Post # 80
Pump Motor...link to second thread............................Page 6....Post # 83

Solenoid Replacement costs......................................Page 5
Solenoid Replacement link to second thread.................Page 7....Post # 89

Touch control Leveling Pad on dash............................Page 4

Touch pad costs....$1,017....Obsolete....................... .Page 4

Retracting Procedure......................................... ......Page 2....Post # 17

Web Site.............................................. ............
www.powergearus.com

One of the few times I have been disappointed by American Coach Customer Support.

I wrote to them saying, I have always had a fear that the leveling jacks will go down, but when it is time to leave they would not come back up.

Vehicle Vin 46GED1814T1052706
Fleetwood # 720AV5202890
MFD ID # 02890
Chassis sate 7/96
Vehicle date 1997

Is there a wiring diagram for it somewhere.

What is the procedure (locations) for getting them up if there is a problem?

I would like to put my hands on that procedure, even execute it before I have a need to.

In the forums you are always reading about the guy that is stranded because the jacks will not retract.

The response I got back was

"
Due to liability I cannot give out the instructions. "

I did find the pump and controls, but not where the manual says they are, mine is bolted to the back side of the electronics compartment, and accessed through the right rear (not easily though, it is way inside).

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0940.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	141225   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161008_175222.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	141226  

Name:	DSC_0947.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	141227  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2016, 10:36 AM   #2

I can't help with your jack, but I can rant about it.....

Sad, but now a true fact in the world we live in. No one wants to expose themselves to anything that might resemble something that could turn into a lawsuit.....

I don't blame AC....I blame all the clowns that aren't capable to do these repairs, attempt them anyway and look for someone else to blame when the crap hits the fan.

Look at how many TV commercials, billboards etc...are for duchebag lawyers tying to stick it to the man....

...you may have gotten a different answer if you called them on the phone....

Peace
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 07:54 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Don't write them. They will tell you things they do not want to put in writing that could come back to haunt them. Who makes the jacks? Call them.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 07:54 PM   #4
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
I will follow up and post results when I return from this last race.

Glenn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-11-2016, 08:19 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If you know who made the jacks, you could ask that company. Mine are made by Equalizer, and the procedure is in the Fleetwood owner's manual.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:44 PM   #6

Glen
Try not to focus on American Coach. Focus on the manufacturers. No one can assist you without the make/model of the jacks.

My first diesel pusher was a 93 Pace Arrow manufactured between 93 and 94. They where the entry level diesel coach bilt on the same assembly lines the American Tradition and such. It had zero paperwork so the first thing i did is note make model of all the components and looked them up online. Was able to download both user manuals as well as service manuals for the jacks (HWH), Furnaces (Hydroflame) , Fridge (Dometic) and so on. I read thru all my documentation and then had a better understanding how they all operated.
I owned that coach for 12 years. Sold her over 2 years ago and to this date everything still running 100% , i keep in close touch with the new owner.
I attribute the longivity to a maintance schedule i did each and every spring, cleaning furnace flues, cleaning contacts on ignitor boards and such.
Dont forget that you can also be stranded if the slide(s) won't come in or the engine will not start, or the water pump fails or the fridge wont get to proper temp.
You will find a ton of help here on these forums! Great bunch of people but dont forget the make/model!
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:10 PM   #7
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchero View Post
Glen
Try not to focus on American Coach. Focus on the manufacturers. No one can assist you without the make/model of the jacks.

My first diesel pusher was a 93 Pace Arrow manufactured between 93 and 94. They where the entry level diesel coach bilt on the same assembly lines the American Tradition and such. It had zero paperwork so the first thing i did is note make model of all the components and looked them up online. Was able to download both user manuals as well as service manuals for the jacks (HWH), Furnaces (Hydroflame) , Fridge (Dometic) and so on. I read thru all my documentation and then had a better understanding how they all operated.
I owned that coach for 12 years. Sold her over 2 years ago and to this date everything still running 100% , i keep in close touch with the new owner.
I attribute the longivity to a maintance schedule i did each and every spring, cleaning furnace flues, cleaning contacts on ignitor boards and such.
Dont forget that you can also be stranded if the slide(s) won't come in or the engine will not start, or the water pump fails or the fridge wont get to proper temp.
You will find a ton of help here on these forums! Great bunch of people but dont forget the make/model!
This forum is great help.

I do not have a slide, and my wife and I do not need the extra room they provide. Very happy not to have to deal with the problems noted here on the forum about slides.

We have actually had a no start problem. Turned out to be corrosion on the terminals of the secondary solenoid in the starter circuit.

I have actually done a fair amount of research on some of the components on this Motor Home, if you click on the link in my signature there is some 85 pages of boring reading on projects done on this Motor Home.

I was hoping to pick the brains of people that have had the problem of the jacks not retracting.

I was fortunate to get a complete set of manuals when I purchased this motor home. Since then I have started to create a library of more detailed manuals on different components (Water Heater, Refrigerator, Dash A/C). When I return from this current trip I will contact the jack manufacture,

Thanks

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20161013_214747.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	342.9 KB
ID:	141504   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161013_214832.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	319.4 KB
ID:	141505  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-13-2016, 09:15 PM   #8

Sorry for the long reply Glen. Did not even notice the projects listed on your sig.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:30 PM   #9
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchero View Post
Sorry for the long reply Glen. Did not even notice the projects listed on your sig.
No problems, thanks for reading and taking the time to reply to this question.

Glenn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-14-2016, 11:45 AM   #10

Spartan Chassis
Glenn, I contacted Spartan Chassis about my jacks. Well I was given like 28 pages of diagrams for the chassis. Not sure if they will help but I'm happy to share. Btw I got them for a 1997 mountain master not a 1998. Also have the power gear manual that has the emergency procedure to raise the jacks. I can email them.
JWLSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:08 PM   #11

Glenn's chassis is not a Spartan, it's a Gilling
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:31 PM   #12
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWLSC View Post
Glenn, I contacted Spartan Chassis about my jacks. Well I was given like 28 pages of diagrams for the chassis. Not sure if they will help but I'm happy to share. Btw I got them for a 1997 mountain master not a 1998. Also have the power gear manual that has the emergency procedure to raise the jacks. I can email them.
It is true I have a Gillig chassis, but the leveling system is installed by Fleetwood, so may be the same.

Please send them, I will PM you my e-mail address.

Thanks

Glenn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-20-2016, 01:29 PM   #13

I am having that problem right now. Jacks will not retract. We have the all the manuals. We checked motor selonoid it works pump runs. Control pad comes on shows Jacks down. It says if you have air system and you manual override the air suspension might not re inflate.
jcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:20 PM   #14
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarr View Post
I am having that problem right now. Jacks will not retract. We have the all the manuals. We checked motor selonoid it works pump runs. Control pad comes on shows Jacks down. It says if you have air system and you manual override the air suspension might not re inflate.
What manuals do you have?

year of the coach?

I have been corresponding with LCI- Customer Service

they sent me a file that I cannot save or print.

Please keep me updated o what you find.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tags
power, leveling, lippert, ems, power gear