Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #1

Model confusion - Providence, Excursion, Discovery, Bounder....

Okay, I'm confused So what else is new you reply

For this discussion, we're looking closely at the 39V / 38V floorplans and I find Providence, Excursion, Discovery and Bounder versions many in the same year and some not; but at least 2 models of the floor plan. Discounting floor plan options - dinette vs. table and chairs, loveseat vs recliner, exterior entertainment center vs storage, what's the major difference(s) to look for between the models?

I get different stories from sales departments depending on which model they have......
bmrzmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #2

Quality, fit and finish, as in the Ford to Lincon case, from a distance , can you realy tell, you need to be up close to see exactly where the differances are. Wood instead of plastic, leather instead of fabric, standard equipment instead of options. Just be sure that the full LOAD of standard equipment, doesn't leave you with a coach that is over-weight from the factory; as many other posts will attest to they do produce these units, it's up to you not to buy one. When looking to up grade to Class A, my wife and I were shown a great looking unit with only 512lbs c.c.c. Her purse weighs..., well we won't go there. Don't let the salesman talk you into buying what he has , take your time , have your list of must haves, and be willing to take some time and find the unit that fits.We looked for 7 months, ende up 3' longer than what we started out looking for to get everything we felt we wanted, including a 3350lbs c.c.c.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #3

The chassis is a big difference and the quality of the furnishings is another.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The 2012 Providence, Excursion and Discovery are all built on the Power Bridge Chassis. The Bounder is no longer available in the diesel platform. The major difference is in things like ceramic tile vs sheet vinyl. A Norcold is a Norcold whether its in a Revolution or a Bounder. It may have a decorative door in the Revolution. Same Sleep Number bed, stove, Splendide washer, water heater, tv's, water pump, microwave, etc.

Decide whats important for you, then find a floor plan that works and go from there.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #5

You did not say what years you where interested in,The way I read the post they weren't new. Which they were on freightliner chassis and the model you did not ask about revolution was on a Spartan. Back when I was in the market they all had different HP also.

Tags
bounder