Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2019, 06:39 PM   #1

Spartan Chassis
Unhappy Monitor panel failure

Last time we went to empty the holding tanks I wanted my wife to check the grey and black levels as they drained. We are new to the unit and haven't gotten a good feel for capacities. The panel had appeared to work fine i just wanted to have a idea that indicators are fairly accurate before we go boon docking. I pressed the power button and the panel lite for a second or two then the lights faded and none have worked since, propane, grey, black or fresh. I pulled the dash panel apart and circuit board looks fine nothing loose, no fuses anywhere to be seen. Any suggestions? or similar experience?
(ford chassis)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2019, 04:09 AM   #2

Rushy-

While you wait for someone with a similar-era Bounder to give a better answer, look for a fuse on the panel that feeds the 12V house circuits (for example, fans, reefer, lights).

The monitor panel is not a chassis function, so I'd expect not to find its fuse on any of those fuse boxes.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:23 PM   #3

Spartan Chassis
Thanks, I have pulled and tested every fuse I have found so far, under the dash, under the hood and by the house invertor 120v/12v panel in the kitchen. Guess its time to get a schematic if possible.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:40 PM   #4

Sounds like a great opportunity to upgrade to a SeeLevel 709 where you get tank readings in 4-5% increments
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:20 PM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Very interesting, never would have guessed such a set up existed. Thanks
Old 02-13-2019, 08:50 PM   #6

I upgraded my coach to one a couple of years ago, cost was about $250 (I think I bought off Amazon), plus about $30 building a spacer to fill in the hole the old panel took up. Installation was DIY and done in a couple of hours. I also installed a new generator control panel while I was at it as the clicking from the old generator mechanical hour meter drove me nuts. Here are before and after photos, I used a premade counter top end splash cut down to length to cover the old hole.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fill-panel-old.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	234987   Click image for larger version

Name:	fill-panel-openening.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	234988  

Click image for larger version

Name:	fill-panel-new.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	234989  
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:34 PM   #7

You might check if engine battery is charged our monitor panel went dead and found out engine battery also was dead charged up battery and monitor panel started working we have 2006 bounder 35e ford powered.
Iggybus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:11 PM   #8

Mine was a plug on the left side under the hood had corroded. This plug fed power to the monitor panel. I rewired and bypassed the plug and everything works GREAT. I have a 2006 Pace arrow.
campingevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:41 PM   #9

Had a similar problem on my Power Control Systems display. Different function but similar design and probably also made by Precision Circuits. Disconnected ALL power from the RV (both batts and the solar panel. Waited a half a day and reconnected it all. Worked fine. May want to simply remove it from the wall and disconnect it from all wiring too.
Lots of static electricity around in the dry climates this time of year. Can wreck havoc on those sensitive electronics as does fluctuations in battery voltages in RVs.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:26 PM   #10

Spartan Chassis
That is a couple good ideas to investigate, the corroded connection has merit since the lights literally faded away as if the power was slowly turn off. Almost enough snow gone to start back at prepping for summer.

Tags
monitor, panel