Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Motor Home Bra vendor

Has anyone purchased their motor home bra (front end mask) for a vendor called RVPartSource.com ? The are out of Alta Loma, CA according to their web site.

The price they have quoted is $399 which seems quite a bit less that other quotes I've received.

Would like to know how well it is made and how long you have had it on your coach.

Dave
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #2

Am considering one from them for our coach. About 3-4 weeks ago, I spoke to the owner at the number provided on the website....his name escapes me at the moment. He was very "upfront' in his comments re quality, installation, hardware, return policy, etc. One thing he stated that I found reassuring. He said that the fellow he uses to make the RV bras was formerly a pattern maker/bra maker with ADCO, the company that used to make a wide variety of RV bras...but no longer does. He said that this person brought a number of bra patterns with him when he left ADCO. I only have his word for that, so I just dunno'.

I am going to talk to him again before I decide. If I still feel confident in the product, I will order one. Our coach needs it. You might want to give him a call to discuss. Perhaps you could post your thougts afterwards....that would be very helpful to some us. Thanks...
Old 02-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #3

Hi,

Some time ago I was told the same about abco products. I contacted them and they still offer some bras, either recently made or old stock. I got a brand new one for my 2003 providence, it worked great. The person to contact is Vicki Poepke , at victoria@adcoprod.com. Hope this helps. Good luck
aandersenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
The new Eagles come with a full front protective shield. Used to be Diamond Shield don't know what it is now.

http://www.diamond-shield.com/index.cfm?Page=Diamond+RV+Paint+Protection+Film
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeapBigEngin View Post
Am considering one from them for our coach. About 3-4 weeks ago, I spoke to the owner at the number provided on the website....his name escapes me at the moment. He was very "upfront' in his comments re quality, installation, hardware, return policy, etc. One thing he stated that I found reassuring. He said that the fellow he uses to make the RV bras was formerly a pattern maker/bra maker with ADCO, the company that used to make a wide variety of RV bras...but no longer does. He said that this person brought a number of bra patterns with him when he left ADCO. I only have his word for that, so I just dunno'.

I am going to talk to him again before I decide. If I still feel confident in the product, I will order one. Our coach needs it. You might want to give him a call to discuss. Perhaps you could post your thougts afterwards....that would be very helpful to some us. Thanks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
The new Eagles come with a full front protective shield. Used to be Diamond Shield don't know what it is now.

http://www.diamond-shield.com/index.cfm?Page=Diamond+RV+Paint+Protection+Film
I am interested in the quality/weight of the material he uses as well as the backing he uses. So, I will post my conversation with him tomorrow.

My Eagle has the 3M film on it that looks really bad now. Don't know if I just didn't know how to clean and care for it. Or, it just might be how they get when they are 10 years old. I've tried all the recommended ways of removing it and have decided on the bra. Not my preference. But, it's my least expensive option at $399 which includes shipping.

Dave
Old 02-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Dave, I've investigated the same sight with the same price for our Discovery. Let us know if you decide to buy and what the results are. Ours used to have a bra, but someone stole it while it was parked in our space overnight. Our problem is we still have the hardware to secure the bra on the MH and most likely we would have to reinstall new hardware to secure the new bra which we don't really want to do.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrrsr View Post
Dave, I've investigated the same sight with the same price for our Discovery. Let us know if you decide to buy and what the results are. Ours used to have a bra, but someone stole it while it was parked in our space overnight. Our problem is we still have the hardware to secure the bra on the MH and most likely we would have to reinstall new hardware to secure the new bra which we don't really want to do.
csrrsr....the one thing he cautioned me on is replacing a bra that had already been installed. He could not guarantee that the mounting hardware would line up. Might be worth asking him, if it did not, if you could return it. Just a thought....

And Dave....that would be so helpful when you post your comments regarding your converstation with him. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just got off the phone with Jason at rvpartsource.com. Here are some things he clarified for me.

1. The material is a uv protected vinyl with a grey felt backing the same I would get thru the vendor Lazydays uses.

2. He uses a paypal account to customers to pay for the bra. He is going to send me an invoice via email to pay thru the paypal account.

3. Lead time is about one week. It sounds like he is using someone else to make them for him. Then, coming from California, shipping will take another 4-5 days.

4. Said he has been been in business and selling these bras since the 1990s.

It looks like the price is $399 no matter what MH make or model. The only question he could not answer for me to my satisfaction was what kind of stitching is used around the edges. He only said he has not had one come back as a result of the stitching coming apart.

Hope this helps,
Dave
Old 02-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #9

I live in Alta Loma, I can stop by and see them if anyone wishes.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
One of my main concerns is the legitimacy of the business. Now that I have discussed the quality issues. They have a price that is almost too good to be true. Don't tell them that

That would really be a great community service to those of us here on iRV2 considering ordering from this company.

Thanks Zofan. Let us know what you find.

Dave
Old 02-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoafan View Post
I live in Alta Loma, I can stop by and see them if anyone wishes.
That would be awesome. I think everyone understands the concerns with the unknown.

Denochs....your comments are very reassuring. Thanks for getting back to us. I was aware of the Paypal deal....I already have my account set up with them. Did he say anything about the fellow that makes the bras for him? Thanks...Heap
Old 02-12-2013, 04:32 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Here is the address on the invoice I received from him:

RVPartSource.com
Summer Skinner
6027 Cameo St
Alta Loma, CA 91701

Heap,
Sorry, I didn't ask about the person that makes the bra for him.

Dave
Old 02-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by denochs View Post
Here is the address on the invoice I received from him:

RVPartSource.com
Summer Skinner
6027 Cameo St
Alta Loma, CA 91701

Heap,
Sorry, I didn't ask about the person that makes the bra for him.

Dave
Hey Dave....no problemo re who makes the bra. I don't have any legitimate reason to doubt what Jason told me....just hope it's true.

Do your comments re invoice mean that you have ordered one? If so, I'd sure appreciate any follow-up you might provide us regarding quality,hardware, etc. If the bra is as good as Jason says it is, I will be ordering one soon. And thanks for keeping us in the loop....I really appreciate it!!

Heap
Old 02-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #14

I know exactly where that is, my in laws live on Cameo so they may even know the people.

I'll be calling them today and stopping by and I'll follow up with you guys later.