So I went the simple route and drilled the holes... It almost made me cry.
For those considering the same... I started by putting masking tape over the surface for two reasons. First to provide a clean surface to mark on and second to assist in preventing any damage from drilling. Measuring was the hardest part, I definitely could have used a second set of hands. There are no hard angles to measure off of so you have to do your best with the tape measure to judge “points” to help you find center. And then do the same to measure up or down to the height you want to install at. Don’t use a level as it is highly unlikely your coach is level to start.
Once I found center it was easy to measure 3.5” left and right for what I assume is the standard 7” spacing of licence plate holes. Once I had my points marked I pushed an ice pick into the center to create a starting point so the drill bit would not wander. The bolts I chose required an 11/64” hole. I started with a very small bit to start and create a pilot hole. I then progressed to a 9/64” and finished with the 11/64th. Everything went in cleanly. I was careful to let the bits do the work and not really push at all.
Once the holes were drilled I secured the plate in the decent looking metal frame that REV provided. I placed one washer on the bolts before inserting them into the plate/frame. I then added a second washer behind the plate before adding two rubber washers per side. The front of the RV is slightly curved so I needed the washers to build out a bit and used the rubber to provide some cushion and theoretically some shock absorption. On the back side I used a final washer to support the fibreglass followed by a lock washer and two nuts per side.
Mounting looks clean and hopefully I have done it in a way that prevents any additional damage, beyond the two holes. If you don’t see me back on this post.. You will know all is good! If you see me here in tears then you will know not to follow the same steps I chose!
Be safe out there and enjoy the adventure!