Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #1

Need 6VDC GC-2 type hold down brackets

Hi Folks Just replace all four house batteries- 6 vdc flooded batteries with the same GC-2 type flooded. This bracket has a larger hole for the 10" threaded rod. The bracket has a 90 degree bend that fits on the edge of the battery and a smaller hole fits into the off center tab located on the top sides of the battery. The part look like a cross and fits in the palm of my hand.

I haven't been unable to find these hold down brackets anywhere. All of mine are missing the plastic cover to stop battery chafing and are rusted some broke.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2019, 04:49 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
We secured our new "6 vdc flooded batteries" using large zip ties.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:36 PM   #3

a picture would have been nice. but my first wild guess would be to possibly get some metal or aluminum channel or flat stock from the hardware store and see if you can bend it into what you want. you may have to drill a hole or two in it. this stuff is only a couple of dollars or so and comes in various dimensions and thicknesses. or possible some steel plumbers tape anchored to the floor on each side and laid across the top of the batteries. you could even cut it in the top middle so there are two pieces of it. go get a right angle support bracket and screw one to each strap with the 90 degree bend pointing up. they use a bolt and nut through the side that point up to tighten and secure it so the batteries don'e move. you could put a set of these straps one end end of the battery and the cost would be under $10. just thoughts
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:38 PM   #4

Thanks for the Tie wraps and angle aluminum stock ideas...these were my plan B options. I will keep looking for now.
Thanks
Old 02-17-2019, 05:59 AM   #5

I have 8 of the tie down brackets I'd sell. Shoot me a message at kevint@warp9racing.com and I can send you a picture of them
mxtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:56 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
One of our members makes stainless battery hold-downs (& rods).
I replaced mine with them years ago. High quality, no rust.
Bruce Plumb - Improved RV Parts 417-239-4544
Bruce@RanchGrandKid.com

BTW, he also makes aluminum latch plunger replacements that won't break for our basement bins--including a kit & instructions. Easy and they work great!
Home base now in Kerrville TX
Al n Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:48 AM   #7

Web site for Improved RV Parts:

https://www.improvedrvparts.com/improved-parts/
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 08:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KF5UMC View Post
Hi Folks Just replace all four house batteries- 6 vdc flooded batteries with the same GC-2 type flooded. This bracket has a larger hole for the 10" threaded rod. The bracket has a 90 degree bend that fits on the edge of the battery and a smaller hole fits into the off center tab located on the top sides of the battery. The part look like a cross and fits in the palm of my hand.

I haven't been unable to find these hold down brackets anywhere. All of mine are missing the plastic cover to stop battery chafing and are rusted some broke.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
The Rev part number is here: Battery Hold Down Brackets

I bought a pack of 10 hold down bolts from Amazon for $20. Hold Down Bolts

If I wasn't doing a bunch of other work at the same time, I'd have bought the stainless brackets and bolts mentioned in the post above. I have heard nothing but good things about that company.
Old 02-23-2019, 05:24 PM   #9

Ok Folks thanks for the info...
Old 02-26-2019, 08:56 AM   #10

I emailed REV and received the following info: battery bracket $6.05 ea. Shipping for 8 pieces is $9.90. I will order these. The link above is another option but in stainless their price is $11 each.