Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2019, 08:25 AM   #1

Need a key

So i am now the proud new owner of a 2005 Fleetwood Bounder 35E. The PO gave me all the keys he had but he main key to lock the door and all the compartments is extremely worn... Is there a way to get the key code to have a locksmith cut me a new key? Just wondering if anyone has come across this?

Thanks in advance!
Lostwander16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2019, 10:22 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostwander16 View Post
So i am now the proud new owner of a 2005 Fleetwood Bounder 35E. The PO gave me all the keys he had but he main key to lock the door and all the compartments is extremely worn... Is there a way to get the key code to have a locksmith cut me a new key? Just wondering if anyone has come across this?

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum.

Remove one of the compartment latch handles with the lock assembly and take it along with the key you have to your locksmith.
While you're at it have several keys made.
Lynn
Old 07-10-2019, 12:28 PM   #3

Thank you!
Lostwander16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:30 PM   #4

If it is TriMark door lock, you can remove it. Stamped on about 1/2” rivet is a number. Call TriMark. With that number they can ship you as many keys as you may need.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:36 PM   #5

Compartment likely 751

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:53 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Look at the number on the key and get it from your local RV dealer or order on line.
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:06 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Look at the number on the key and get it from your local RV dealer or order on line.
I heard from a lock vendor at an RV show that a collection of 10 keys will get you into most any RV out there. One of the keys for my RV is the same as the one for my pickup camper shell and another for a toolbox lock. So I had 2 of the 4 keys used on my RV already in my pocket. If you care about actually keeping people out I'd entertain replacing the locksets.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Mark_K5LXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:38 PM   #8

Call Fleetwood and give them the FIN # - they can then ship you the correct key - I ordered several and then put a spare key in a magnetic "Hide A Key" and placed it in the LP tank area which is never locked. Had to use it once or twice in 46k miles.
zorro2kita is offline   Reply With Quote