Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Need fresh water tank for 92 Eagle

We need to replace the fresh water tank on our 1992 American Eagle.
I called Fleetwood, going to have to see if they can still get one, he said the last they ordered was 4 years ago and he didn't know if they still made them.

I called CoLaws, the health department will not allow them to sell used fresh water tanks and they had nothing even remotely close.

The closest I can measure as its in the framework is its 84 long, that's pretty true, 27 or 29 wide, and 10 inches tall, I know its not to thick, but again, not positive. The water line comes in the bottom on the back end, that's the one that's leaking. The tank is in a framework parallel to the side longways.

Sounds like I will have Fleetwood check and maybe around $600 he thought, another ouch.

Anyone know the exact dimensions, trying to get it ordered and here so hubby can just pop it in. He fixed the frame so he can just unscrew bolts
and drop it down. He has repaired that twice and its not holding. And does anyone know where I can get an aftermarket one.

Any help appreciated.
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Search fresh water tanks on net. Good quality, a million sizes, and cheap.
garyswann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:35 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Did you try "Elkhart Plastics" ?

Mike
Old 03-21-2014, 02:40 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
You might also search on the forum (top of page) for 'water tank repair'. If it's just a case of a leak or crack, they do sell repair kits to patch the tank or a leaking fitting.

Here's one thread that sounds like your same issue:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/fresh...ir-127997.html

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #5

Ardemco Sealand / Domestic Marine & RV Toilet Parts - Ardemco

Get the old tank out, get the measurements & order the one that will fit. Order the Heavy Duty one, only a couple bucks more & well worth it.
InfinityJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I was trying to get one before my husband gets home in case I have to have it made.
He is only home 3 weeks, will be in April 4th. I get everything ready for him so he can fix stuff I need done while he is home. Saves a ton of money for us.

If I can get it out I will. He used the plastic JB Weld on it twice, the leak is on the bottom so likely a lot of pressure on it.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:44 PM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
A tank only 10 inches tall wouldn't create that much pressure. Using JB Weld is probably the issue. Best method is to use rods of the same plastic the tank is made of (polyurethane?) and a pencil torch and weld the crack. MUCH cheaper than replacing the tank.

Urethane Supply Company - Plastic Repair and Plastic Welders

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:52 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
My husband liked the idea of plastic welding, he said yes that will work.
Also he said we can get a tank made if needed, but he has to get it out to see the number or dimensions. I guess I'm going to have to wait till he gets home, I just thought I could help. So unless I can get under there and take it out, I'm not much help. I can, he altered it so that it is now bolted in instead of welded in, much easier to get out now. He is home April 4th, so coming up quickly. It's just he is here only a short time.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
You should be able to find a welding shop that fabricates tanks and have one made of stainless steel. I believe the cost would be about the same as a plastic one from Fleetwood.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:36 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Fleetwood called and left a message. They said the original manufacturer would still make me one. would take about 3 weeks cost $550 plus shipping of $150, ouch. But about the same price as I saw on the make to fit site. Will see if we can fix it first.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:27 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
We decided to go new, ordered it this morning.

It is $526.31 plus shipping of $125.00

Scott, was the parts guy I talked with, he further researched and found dimensions so we could be sure.

I had the rough ones. For anyone that needs to know the tank is 89 inches long, by 26.5 inches wide, by 9.875 inches tall so I was close. He said they
are saying 95 gallons, close enough.

So my husband will be here till April 23rd, won't take long to put in, hope we get it at least we can save the labor costs.

Tags
fresh water, tank, water