Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2019, 11:10 AM   #1

Need help 05 Bounder slides won't come out

Have friends that just came in from CA. They have a 2005 w32 Bounder. The backup camera stopped working on the road and when they went to put out the slides, nothing.

I checked all the fuses and none were blown. He did not have his Owners Information Owners package so we are at a loss.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill
lapdret is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2019, 09:27 PM   #2

Have you tried finding the manual with troubleshooting steps with Google?
Old 05-20-2019, 05:34 AM   #3

Did find the Owners Information sheet. Only tell you how to open manually. Looks like a trip to an RV shop is in order.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 05-20-2019, 08:30 AM   #4

New to all this but.....

Does the coach have hydraulic leveling jacks?, Mine requires that the jacks are down and supporting the coach before you can open the slide out.

Let us know what the outcome is and good luck!....
gonzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:48 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
When one of my sides on my 2004 Fleetwood Flair quit working. I search for the controllers which I found in the bulk head breaker box. I removed the circuit board and checked where the wiring harness connects to the pins on the board. The solder around the pins was cracked and wasn't making contact. I resoldered all the pins and the sides work fine.
Fred Edelkamp, USAF Combat Camera Retired driving "Bullwinkle" 2008 Monaco Diplomat 36PDQ | 400hp Cummins I6 Diesel Pusher | 1440W Solar | 800Ah LiFePO4 | RVi TPMS | Roadmaster Tow Bar | RVibrake3 | 2020 Ford F-150 | Palomino Backpack Truck Camper SS-1251
frede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:10 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
If the cargo bay doors open upward there will probably be interlock switches on them that prevent the slideouts from working with a door open. Even if the doors are shut a switch could be defective or just need adjusting!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:29 AM   #7
Dom

May sound like a no brainer, but make sure e-brake is on and e-brake indicator light is lit
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by frede View Post
When one of my sides on my 2004 Fleetwood Flair quit working. I search for the controllers which I found in the bulk head breaker box. I removed the circuit board and checked where the wiring harness connects to the pins on the board. The solder around the pins was cracked and wasn't making contact. I resoldered all the pins and the sides work fine.
I have the same MH, and have not found the controllers for the slide, I do not know what you mean by "breaker bulk head" either. We had trouble with the bedroom slide out, and could not find the controller the factory information said was located in a basement storage area.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:40 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmanbaker View Post
I have the same MH, and have not found the controllers for the slide, I do not know what you mean by "breaker bulk head" either. We had trouble with the bedroom slide out, and could not find the controller the factory information said was located in a basement storage area.
My bad. That should have read "bulk head breaker box" On mine it is on right side of the engine compartment under the 'hood" near the BCC (Battery Control Center)
Fred Edelkamp, USAF Combat Camera Retired driving "Bullwinkle" 2008 Monaco Diplomat 36PDQ | 400hp Cummins I6 Diesel Pusher | 1440W Solar | 800Ah LiFePO4 | RVi TPMS | Roadmaster Tow Bar | RVibrake3 | 2020 Ford F-150 | Palomino Backpack Truck Camper SS-1251
Old 05-21-2019, 10:38 AM   #10

Can't find anything to make the slides work. Friends are going to wait until they get home and have their mechanic look at it.

Thanks to all,
Bill
Old 05-21-2019, 11:26 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
You should call Fleetwood at 800.322.8216 and ask them for a copy of the "as built" and the electrical information for your unit. They sent me a complete set via email. You'll need your VIN and Serial Number.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:56 AM   #12

I had an issue once when mine wouldn't come in. I removed the chassis battery cables and reattached and they worked fine.
sawmillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 06:30 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Had a problem with my slide not working found controller behind ac and DC panel a glass auto 25amp fuse bad removed fuse and both ends came off. Replaced working fine. 2001 bounder main slide
n5979u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5979u View Post
Had a problem with my slide not working found controller behind ac and DC panel a glass auto 25amp fuse bad removed fuse and both ends came off. Replaced working fine. 2001 bounder main slide
I had an issue with on of my slides- turned out to the the bolt on the living room slide (left as you look at it) had sheared off from the torsion bar linked to the motor- as the slide was out- was a fairly easy fix, climb under the rig attached a new nut and bolt- bingo back to normal...

Tags
bounder, need help, slide