Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2016, 08:01 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Need Info on the RKE100FW Lock Controller

I just bought a 2017 REV Diplomat. It does not have a TriMark Lock system, but I found one that is identified as an "RKE100FW Rev. F" controller. Can someone please tell me who makes that system and where I can get a manual for it including pin-outs? I want to investigate what it would take to either add an exterior lighted keypad to that system, or alternately replace the system with a TriMark system and lighted keypad.

I understand that Fleetwood has been using the HDC PopLock system for many years. I looked on the PopLocks web site and found information concerning Fleetwood/American coaches from about 10 years ago, but nothing on the new units with the RKE100FW system that I have.

Here's a picture of my lock controller...

Thanks.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2016, 09:06 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Why not call REV/Monaco Customer Service and ask them? There should have been a manual with your coach.
Monaco Coach Company – Class A RV Manufacturers – Contact Us | Monaco Coach

All the Monaco andf Fleetwood models use this controller, so they should have them, or know where to get them.

Here is one online source that claims to have it:
Rke100fw manual on purenrentbestiou.tech
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 05:07 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks Gary, but for the information I need it's probably best just to contact the manufacturer. I think it's rather odd that there is no name on it. Does anybody know who currently manufactures this thing?
Old 01-02-2017, 11:52 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Do not use above link for manual they charge every month!
Old 01-03-2017, 12:50 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
UPDATE...

I got the information I was seeking, and thought I'd update this thread with it in order to be helpful to other members who may be seeking the same information in the future.

The RKE100FW lock controller is a proprietory unit made by Magnadyne exclusively for Fleetwood. Accordingly, there is no mention of the unit on Magnadyne's web site. It hasn't changed much since Rev. A, which was first produced in 2003. As of this writing, 14 years later, they are up to Rev. F. Unfortunately, there is apparently no external lighted keypad that is compatible with this particular controller.

I called Magnadyne and they gave me the information I was seeking. They have always had very responsive customer service. I also emailed REV Customer Support, and they sent me both a copy of the key fob programming manual (with additional helpful handwritten information); and a copy of of the harness diagram, which corresponds to circuit numbers in their current dash harness diagram. That information will be extremely helpful, should I decide to swap this controller out for a TriMark controller and lighted keypad in the future. (I'll likely do that before too long, as I really enjoyed that modification in my last Diplomat. ) These two pdf files are attached below.

By the way, this brand new 2017 REV Diplomat is quite a coach. I'm extremely happy with it and glad I upgraded. For anyone interested, there are pictures of it in my first signature link below. It is my opinion that REV Group is trying to do some very good things for both the Fleetwood and the Monaco brands (which, of course, is in all of our best interests).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Magnadyne Keyless Entry Instructions.pdf (154.8 KB, 561 views)
File Type: pdf Keyless_Entry_drawing.pdf (230.0 KB, 490 views)
Old 02-14-2017, 07:06 PM   #6

Thank you for wiring. I am connecting a new controller and need to know where each wire went via dash harness
EskerBahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:56 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
You are welcome.

The reason I posted the update above is so that anyone wanting to change out the lock controller could find this information if they did a forum search. I will probably be changing the system over to a TriMark unit sometime in the near future myself, because I would like to add a TriMark lighted keypad on the outside of the coach.

HERE is a link to the pin-outs for the RKE100 harness. That should be of help to you as well.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:15 PM   #8

Thank you so much for the documents! It was one of last few missing things for my coach!
ccowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 11:37 AM   #9

Came across this while looking for the RKE100FW controller. I have a 2020 Fleetwood Discovery 38W. I am trying to change the lighted exterior grab handle to one with a keypad. I am not sure if this can be done but would like assistance. I would need the parts and which pins on the connector to the module I would need to splice into. Photos would be helpful. Thanks
Parhole1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:31 PM   #10

Parhole1

Have you had any luck? I have a 2018 PA38k, looking to do same thing
TheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 06:42 AM   #11

Keyless Control Module

I am still investigating. No luck so far. TriMark is very helpful but getting info from REV or Freightliner is somewhat difficult. I have some new contacts so in a couple of weeks I hope to have direction. Will keep updating.
Old 08-26-2022, 08:01 PM   #12

Parhole1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parhole1 View Post
I am still investigating. No luck so far. TriMark is very helpful but getting info from REV or Freightliner is somewhat difficult. I have some new contacts so in a couple of weeks I hope to have direction. Will keep updating.
I am finally getting around to seriously installing keypad handle, Have you had any further luck?
Old 08-27-2022, 05:38 AM   #13

Rke 100f

Private message me and we can converse. I have added a keyless entry on a 2020 REV Fleetwood Discovery 38W with Freightliner Chassis. Can be done with RKE 100 or newer models use Relays
Old 08-29-2022, 06:08 AM   #14

I send you a PM