Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2019, 01:52 PM   #1

New Bounder 35P

Hello all. We currently have a Jayco class C and are looking to upgrade to a new 2018 or 2019 Bounder 35P. The 35P floorplan suits our family needs perfectly. Before we buy, I wanted to get everyone's opinion on here that own a Bounder or even a 35P. Anything you wish you would change? Any major issues to be worried about? I know all RV's have issues and I have owned everything from a pop-up up to a Class C, used and new, and understand there are issues with all types. Just trying to get feedback from Bounder owners who have experience.

Thanks,

JT
Tantsits is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2019, 07:51 AM   #2

Our 2018 Southwind 36P is our first Fleetwood product. The Southind is very similar to the Bounder. We have been very happy with the fit and finish.

We did a very thorough PDI and brought the unit back to the dealer after camping a few nights to fix some small items.

We now have 24000 miles on it and have had no problems other than a step recall that was covered on warranty with no problems.

Good luck
Jimg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:01 AM   #3

We have a 2016 33C. Only major issues were with lights and vacuflush toilet. Precision Circuits seems to have dramatically improved the lighting control, and REV caught most of the bad lights during production on future models. Both Vacuflush issues were of my own making. First time was too much toilet paper and not enough water (grandkids). Second issue was foreign object making it into toilet, and eventually jamming duck bill valves. Keep the lid down when not in use!

We really have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of our Bounder.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:24 AM   #4
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Overall we are happy with our Bounder 34T. There has been a few minor irritants but nothing that couldn't be worked through. The one major thing was a failed transfer switch. Long story short, the dealer came through. Of course there has been the DIY fixes. Could FW do better? Oh yes! I find that the awning on mine, Carefree, is practically useless at goes straight out, the 35P may be different. Guess there is a price point for everything. We really like the opposing slides in the front, sorta opens up some space when we have the grand kids with us.

My dealer had a 35P on the lot most of 2018, I really wanted to take a look at it but SWMBO wasn't having anything with that idea. Besides the color was ugly. If I was in the market today I would look closely at the 35P.

Ours has the split bath which both of us like so it would take some getting use to the two-door bath. I grew up in a house that had that and I have visions of the grand kids racing through and slamming the doors. Don't know where they would get such an idea.

I like the additional slide in the bedroom. Then again it fine for the two of us but then toss in two or more grand kids and there stuff it would be nice.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:36 AM   #5

We had an older Bounder which we really liked. Just needed something a bit newer. That being said, I looked at a new 2018 Bounder last year and compared it side by side with a comparably sized Newmar Bay Star which was selling for about $25K more and after thoroughly looking over both, came to the conclusion that the Bounder was the nicer coach. Just my opinion, of course, but if I were buying new that day, I would have chosen the Bounder.
Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 08:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ever1ast15 View Post
Hello all. We currently have a Jayco class C and are looking to upgrade to a new 2018 or 2019 Bounder 35P. The 35P floorplan suits our family needs perfectly. Before we buy, I wanted to get everyone's opinion on here that own a Bounder or even a 35P. Anything you wish you would change? Any major issues to be worried about? I know all RV's have issues and I have owned everything from a pop-up up to a Class C, used and new, and understand there are issues with all types. Just trying to get feedback from Bounder owners who have experience.

Thanks,

JT
Wondering if you bought the Bounder 35P.

We bought a 2019 35P earlier this month. There are three things we are looking into changing.

1)The toilet is 'parallel parked' next to a wall and there is absolutely no room between the wall and the toilet. We want to look into whether we can have the toilet turned so it's more angled away from the wall.

2) The toilet is sitting up high enough, but the bowl is the size they'd use in a preschool for kids. Lots of problems but won't go into that. We want to replace it with an adult size toilet.

3) It came with a 5500w generator (no hours on it yet) and we are checking around to see if any dealer or shop will take the 5500w off our hands and give us some credit towards a 7000w or 7500w.
RoadTripN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:01 PM   #7

Quote:

Thanks,

JT
Hello Everlast,

We just finished unpacking our 2015 Jayco 29ME for trade in on our new 35P. I can so far report no problems... Of course that is because it is currently on route from the factory

We went to our dealer to look at the 35K beside the Precept Prestige 35U, thinking we really wanted the L Shaped sofa. Then we walked on the 35P and fell in love. Very anxious to take delivery and start planning our 2020 vacation destinations.

The biggest selling point for us was that the seating areas all look in on each other giving us a great location for family entertainment, as opposed to the 35K which felt like three distinct seating areas. Of course the huge bedroom and standard washer and dryer were nice perks as well.
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 11:15 PM   #8

Quote:

Thanks,

JT

We also have in the last 30 years owned just about every type of rv you can own. We now have a 2019 35P and haven't been able to use it except for two very, very short trips.

We almost bought the 35K and now wish we did. But then again, the grass is always greener...... haha

On each trip we have discovered more that we don't like about our 35P.

The kitchen appears to have lots of storage, but it hardly has any. It should be ok for two people if you don't like to cook much.

The doorways into the bedroom from the kitchen area and from the bathroom are extremely narrow. You really have to be a small person to pass through.

The couch we have is the long, straight couch where the end of the couch just behind the driver's seat is a recliner. The entire couch is extremely uncomfortable to sit on. We got that one because we saw how many people were complaining about the comfort of the L-shape couch.

When watching tv from the couch, you have to have your head turned completely to the right to watch. That becomes very uncomfortable.

The toilet is sized for small children. Not for adults. If the mfg hasn't changed the toilet, you'll see what we mean when you use it. I don't think I can word it here without grossing people out. We are going to look into having a normal size toilet put in and hopefully it can be adjusted to angle away from the wall.

Plus, the toilet in our 35P, is parallel to the wall with no room in-between. This also makes it extremely hard to use the toilet. Again, you'll see what I mean.

While it drives 'okay', it absolutely needs steering stabilizers before we go out much more in it.

The driver and passenger seats are supposed to swivel around to face the back of the coach. The driver's seat does okay in swiveling if very careful. The passenger seat is mounted too close to the wall and the armrest scrapes the wall rather severely when we try to swivel it. The passenger seat is supposed to have a foot rest. We haven't been able to extend the footrest yet.

We had our 35 year old son with us on this last trip. He slept on the loft over the driver's and front passenger seats. It worked nicely. He did say the mattress up there was rather thin. We looked at it and agreed. Another thing on our list to upgrade.

Our generator won't start. It cranks over, but won't start.

We have discovered that in the 35P we don't like the table across from the couch. The 35K floorplan makes it more like a dining room and a livingroom, especially with the tv/fireplace angled so you look directly at the tv from the couch.

Be sure you have an additional list of whatever you see other people say and you especially have the dealer go over these items with you during your delivery.

I'm sure we'll get adjusted to our 35P at some point. Maybe even lose some weight so we can fit through the bedroom doors better. (haha)
RoadTripN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:26 PM   #9

Brought it home

Well we picked up our 35P and brought it home. Still ecstatic with our decision. The living space felt even bigger once we got it home and started to fill it with our stuff.

The one negative... All of those basement doors look like you have tons of storage... And I guess you do. But none of them were big enough to hold our four camp chairs. My bride loves her big comfy Club Chairs but we might have to look at a smaller model for the 2020 season. The rear basement on our 29ME was massive so I guess we were a little spoiled.

Otherwise, can't wait for the spring to get here and enjoy our new bus!
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder