Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2007, 04:41 AM   #1

Well I got news from Lazydays that my new 2008 Expedition 34H should be in. I am looking forward to the new 6.7L cummins ISB-XT engine. I sure hope the fit and finish is up to snuff. I have a long check / test list to go over before final payment will be given. This is my first new Class A and I would like it to be a fun experience. Any help or suggestions would be a big help for a newbe like me. Thanks in advance.

-Troy
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2007, 04:41 AM   #2

Well I got news from Lazydays that my new 2008 Expedition 34H should be in. I am looking forward to the new 6.7L cummins ISB-XT engine. I sure hope the fit and finish is up to snuff. I have a long check / test list to go over before final payment will be given. This is my first new Class A and I would like it to be a fun experience. Any help or suggestions would be a big help for a newbe like me. Thanks in advance.

-Troy
Old 05-05-2007, 07:20 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Good luck, have fun,
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:14 AM   #4

well lazydays called me yesterday and gave me a June 15th delivery date to Lazydays. Then they would need 2-3 days for PDI, then I could take delivery and make my own inspections and address anything that it needed. So far so good. Keep you posted.

-Troy
Old 05-13-2007, 07:30 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

There is an excellent pre-delivery checklist for new motorhomes at this link: Motorhome PDI Checklist
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 03:34 PM   #6

Thanks for the link to the PDI check list. I am planing on saying at Lazydays for 3-4 days to give me lots of time to check thinks out.

-Troy
Old 05-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congrulations on your new unit. We will be getting back with Lazydays as soon as the 2008 Pace Arrows come out. We now live in our fiver in Livingston, LA at Lakeside RV Park. I have a few questions though about Lazydays.
1.Have you conducted your business through the internet with them?
2.Did you build your unit on their web site?
3.Did you have to hassel with them on the MSRP?
I would appreciate any helpful information you could pass on to a future buyer at Lazydays. Hope you have a great time picking up your unit.
Lloyd.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:31 AM   #8

Well, were to start? I went to Lazydays in April with the family to go to Disney. A good friend of mine purchase a class C Fourwinds from then last year and raved about the service and price he got on his unit. I took my buddy's class C to Disney, and on the way I stopped by to see what they had. I had not spoken to anyone over the phone or email prior to stopping by. I talked to the first salesmen I saw and he was very helpful. BTW, I walked in that first day (looked around for 2 days) 5:00 pm when the close(I think that is the time)and he said nothing buy "how may I help you".

I did take a look at there online chassis builder on line, but did not use that system.

As for as the price went, in seemed fare. Keep in mind I got a new 2008 unit not a 2007 they had on the lot. therefor the discount would not be as big. My discount was about 22-23% plus a very fair price on the trade I gave them. I liked the way they did business (so far anyway)very professional, no cheep sales gimmicks. Gave me a good price the first time, I made one counter offer, and that was that. BTW my salesman is Irv Yates. Bottom line, so far so good. My Class A should be in about the 15-16th. We will see.

-Troy
Old 06-04-2007, 12:38 PM   #9

I would suggest that you camp locally several times to find any problems. When I purchased mine ('06 Discovery) I picked up several problems. I had it back to the dealer 3 - 4 times before I had all of my problems resolved. Winterized in November '06. Brought the coach home in January '07 and de-winterized it. Headed to Florida at the end of January for 10 weeks. The second week in Feb '07 my AC portion of the hot water heater failed. It took me 6 weeks to get it fixed (under warranty. I talked to severl people where we were staying and they told me it takes a 2 years to get the bugs out. If you have any questions, send me an email. Good luck!
1rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 03:02 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Troy, we're all waiting how did everything go? Don't keep us in the dark. Mike
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Looking at the floor plans, what is the difference between the Bounder diesel and the Expedition? Am I missing something?
Lloyd
Old 06-28-2007, 04:18 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
The only difference I've noticed (the dealer we got our Bounder from carries several Fleetwood models), is price (Bounder is fractionally less) & decor (different interior color schemes & patterns).

If you use the compare option on Fleetwood's site, you'll see they are identical in all aspects (with the exception of 4 color schemes for Bounder vs 3 for Expedition).

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:45 PM   #13

I am on the road with it right now. I had to go to San Antonio, Tx. to get my daughter from camp this weekend. I will give a full report very soon. But in a nut shell, coach is a 9 out of 10 I would say. I had a small punck list at Lazy Days, they fixed it chop chop. When I got home to Baton Rouge before I took off for San Antonio I had a problem with the chassis AC.(loose line). Called Fleetwood, they called Freightliner, when to Freightliner, they fixed it. All in all so far so good. I will give a better report soon.

-Troy
Old 06-29-2007, 04:52 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sounds great, enjoy the trip. We'll be waiting for your next post.