Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #1

New Guy with Perplexing Problem

We got our 2000 Pace Arrow 33v in Dec. of last year. We started full timing at the end of Jan. My problem is(the prev owner knows nothing about it)when I hook to city water I have no water on the cold water side of the faucets and only cold water on hot water side. I have closed the bypass valve, opened and closed the valve by the water pump. I have no hose on the outside shower. Only thing I haven't checked is the check valve behind the water heater. But before I pull the water heater or pay to have it done, is there anything else I need to look for. It is really aggravating to fill the water tank every three days or so. Not to mention listening to the pump run, have put pipe insulation on all the pvc pipes I can see and it still vibrates like crazy...
pddgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sounds like you are missing a valve somewhere. I have a fleetwood bounder and there are a few switches that need to be in the correct sequence in order for the elec hot water to work. Mine are in the under sink cabinets. I need to make sure they both ate set to water heater.
zip0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club

You have a selector valve that switches from City/Park water to fill tank mode. City/park provides pressurized water in the RV without having to use the water pump. Sounds like yours is set to 'Fill water Tank.'

Here's a link to Fleetwood manuals:

Fleetwood RV Manuals

Good luck with it.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post

You have a selector valve that switches from City/Park water to fill tank mode. City/park provides pressurized water in the RV without having to use the water pump. Sounds like yours is set to 'Fill water Tank.'

Here's a link to Fleetwood manuals:

Fleetwood RV Manuals

Good luck with it.

I have the manual and all the valves that I can find are set correctly. The h/w heater bypass valve is the one used to fill the holding tank when bypass the h/w heater. With the valve in the closed position it is suppose to go thru the water heater.

There is only one switch under my sink, and that is to turn the electric element on to heat water, has nothing to do with getting water to flow the right direction thru the heater..

Joe
Old 06-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Howdy and welcome to iRV2! How weird that this only happens on city water. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you. Hopefully someone who knows your coach will see your post and help out. You might also call Fleetwood Customer Service at (800) 322-8216 and see if they might have a solution for you. Good luck.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pddgm View Post
We got our 2000 Pace Arrow 33v in Dec. of last year. We started full timing at the end of Jan. My problem is(the prev owner knows nothing about it)when I hook to city water I have no water on the cold water side of the faucets and only cold water on hot water side. I have closed the bypass valve, opened and closed the valve by the water pump. I have no hose on the outside shower. Only thing I haven't checked is the check valve behind the water heater. But before I pull the water heater or pay to have it done, is there anything else I need to look for. It is really aggravating to fill the water tank every three days or so. Not to mention listening to the pump run, have put pipe insulation on all the pvc pipes I can see and it still vibrates like crazy...
I would double check the valves at the hot water heater. The ones used to bypass the heater when you winterize. The water valve to direct "city" water to fill your tank should be just over your water hose conection. This needs to be in "bypass" after you fill your fresh water tank.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
I would double check the valves at the hot water heater. The ones used to bypass the heater when you winterize. The water valve to direct "city" water to fill your tank should be just over your water hose conection. This needs to be in "bypass" after you fill your fresh water tank.
Bill
As far as I can determine I have only one valve, and it is in the compartment beside the fresh water tank. It says normal and bypass on it. I have searched all over for another valve, but I find no other valves, there is no valves in the compartment where the city water hooks up, except for the drains and of course the outside shower...

joe
Old 06-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bypass etc

The winterizing valves may not be where you expect them to be. The water heater bypass may be near the back or side of the water heater.

If you have a water filter it may be plugged up.

Anti-siphon and backflow valves get clogged up too.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
The winterizing valves may not be where you expect them to be. The water heater bypass may be near the back or side of the water heater.

If you have a water filter it may be plugged up.

Anti-siphon and backflow valves get clogged up too.
The ball valve(3 way)beside the fresh water tank says water heater bypass with arrow pointing one way and normal use with arrow pointing 90 degrees the bypass position. Assuming this is the only one on the coach. Planned on calling Fleetwood today, but got busy with helping the wife and forgot until now..LOL

Joe

2015 Chevy 2500HD 4x4,2008 Crossroads Cruiser M29CK, 2008 HD Ultra Classic Trike
Old 06-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #10

As long as you've got an excuse .
Old 06-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
As far as I can determine I have only one valve, and it is in the compartment beside the fresh water tank. It says normal and bypass on it. I have searched all over for another valve, but I find no other valves, there is no valves in the compartment where the city water hooks up, except for the drains and of course the outside shower...
joe
Joe,
I am not that familiar with your coach so I may be wrong. Have you looked behind the hot water heater that is where they normally put the bypass valves for winterizing your hw heater. I would verify your outside shower is shut off. Sometimes it can backflow across the valves if it is open. I will be looking forward to learning what the problem is.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
Joe,
I am not that familiar with your coach so I may be wrong. Have you looked behind the hot water heater that is where they normally put the bypass valves for winterizing your hw heater. I would verify your outside shower is shut off. Sometimes it can backflow across the valves if it is open. I will be looking forward to learning what the problem is.
Bill
I have looked and there is no way to get behind the water heater, unless I want to remove it. As I said before the only bypass valve is beside the fresh water tank and says hotwater bypass valve. I have check the shower valves and they are turned off tight. If my call to Fleetwood don't resolve any thing tomorrow, I guess I will either live with it, or find a repair facility that can trace all the water lines,etc. It is more of an aggravation than a problem.

2015 Chevy 2500HD 4x4,2008 Crossroads Cruiser M29CK, 2008 HD Ultra Classic Trike
Old 06-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
You said that you have no hose on the outside shower? Is the hose connection on the outside shower plugged off? If it is, check to see if the hot and cold valves are in the off position. If they are in the open position, water can flow from the cold side over and thru the hot side which could be your problem.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It sounds like

It sounds like you may be mistaking the fill/normal valve for the water heater bypass. I guarantee that the valve labeled "fill/normal" is not the water heater bypass valve.

BUT:
Do you get hot water when using your fresh water tank and pump? If you do the WH is not the problem and is just confusing the issue.

How do you fill the fresh water tank? Using the 'fill' selection on the valve or by putting a hose in the fresh water fill?

If you have to use the fresh water fill my first guess would be that the filter screen on the water connection is clogged. Second guess would be that the valve, the "fill/normal" one, is broken. I've replaced a couple of them where the position of the handle had no relation to the actual position of the ball. Try removing the handle & turning it with a wrench.

Luck!
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote