Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2014, 12:21 PM   #1

New Member, 2013 Discovery G Questions

This is an amazing forum! I am a new member and just purchased a 2013 Discovery G which I will be picking up shortly. I have a few questions that I am sure will be easy answers for this knowledgeable group.

1. I see many threads about weighing the four corners of the coach. Where do you get this done and how do you weigh the corners?

2. The coach is satellite radio ready. Do I just contact Sirius Radio or do I need additional parts to make it work?

3. I understand this coach has some type surge protection built in. Do I still need and additional surge protecter that plugs into the power pole?

4. Any comments, pro or con, on the Winegard In Motion TV satellite TV unit?

5. I will be towing a TOAD that weighs 5,000 pounds. Any thoughts on what mileage I would expect going 60-65 mph on relatively flat freeways?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer these "basic" questions!

Greg
gf5047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck with finding suitable solutions.u
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:25 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club

Glad you're aboard Greg. Congrats on the new to you rig. Enjoy your adventures and be safe.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Nice MH. You are on the Fleetwood forums you'll soon be getting some answers.
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:29 PM   #5

Greg,

If it is Sirius ready you should be able to contact Siriusxm and activate it with no problem.

The unit has surge protection built in so you do not need an external surge protector but you may want one the handles low voltage conditions as that can be just as bad and the built in does not handle that.

The Winward In-motion work dwell with Dish Network but it does not do HDTV with Directv. So if you are a Dish guy it is great if Directv not so good.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:53 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi Greg,

You will love your Discovery, we sure do. Some suggestions:

Prior to delivery make sure yours isn't on the recall list for the full wall slide (rubber seal)

Have the dealer check the Onan generator. They have a recall out for faulty fuel pumps (error code 36-I think). It will start, run, then quit

Also make sure the bedroom slide seal is fitted properly (ours wasn't)

Test the hot water supply and make sure there is no growling coming from the tank (ours had a faulty check valve) common on Atwood heaters

Make sure the wiper arms have good pressure against the windscreen and wipers not dried out (ours were)

The switch that operates the power cord reel is in an awkward place, have the dealer move it down to the right hand side of the power reel, two screws does it

Make sure the house batteries pass a load test and are full. Our coach sat on the lot for 10mos before we bought it and the batteries had been boiled dry, dealer replaced at no charge. I would also invest in a pro-fill system for the house batteries, makes adding water a breeze. Without this it is a PITA to fill batteries as they are not on a slide

We also had the 90" slide installed in the rear bay and the 54"&36" installed in the front bay, makes packing/unpacking a breeze

I would spend the money and change out all the halogen bulbs for LED, we just did this today and what a difference! You may find the halogens just don't get enough light and they burn hot!

Just for fun, I disconnected the factory air horns and installed a 5 horn train whistle, it really gets their attention when they cut you off

1. Weight, just my opinion and I make get slammed, but I think the 4 corner weigh isn't really necessary. If you load the coach evenly this shouldn't be an issue. Ours loaded, tanks dry, full fuel and my DW she weighs in;
Front 11,309lbs
Rear 19,973lbs
I run tires at 110psi Front and 95 rear, she handles like a dream
You can go to any highway scale for weigh in and google four corner weigh in

2.If you have the Sony XAV model, it should be Sirius ready, just subscribe. Or if you already have a subscription, you can add the "app" for $4/mo and stream on the coach's radio by bluetooth.

3.Can't help on the surge, I am told it is protected and no further action needed

4.We have the stationary, so no comment on in-motion

5.We tow a Jeep and get 8.5MPG

Have fun!
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:59 PM   #7

Brian, Nicola and Gold Wing, thank you very much for your insights! They will be most helpful!

Greg
gf5047 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags