Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
New motorhome owner 1983 Pace arrow 30ft

We just bought a used 1983 Pace Arrow yesterday, and was surprised that the owner had very littler literature on the 83 instead most was for the 81, which has some similarity but not enough, so I am looking for a owner manual and anything else I can discovers on this year and model. I prefer to have as much as possible before a problem develops then to have to locate it afterward.

Also the monitor for the backup camera was stolen and I need to know how to find out what made and model and the right place to buy a replacement monitor.
Any and all help would be appreciated.

Feel free to respond to this forum or at kartvines@verizon.net

Thanks Mike
kartvines is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartvines View Post
We just bought a used 1983 Pace Arrow yesterday, and was surprised that the owner had very littler literature on the 83 instead most was for the 81, which has some similarity but not enough, so I am looking for a owner manual and anything else I can discovers on this year and model. I prefer to have as much as possible before a problem develops then to have to locate it afterward.

Also the monitor for the backup camera was stolen and I need to know how to find out what made and model and the right place to buy a replacement monitor.
Any and all help would be appreciated.

Feel free to respond to this forum or at kartvines@verizon.net

Thanks Mike
Well, the replacement monitor for most of the older coaches is a very heavy CRT type of screen. Like mine. Which is about 7 inches.

If I had to replace it I would get a NEW COLOR BACKUP/MONITOR SYSTEM with the LCD screen. The newer one is more durable to bouncing and is more lightweight than the large CRT type of design. This will mean you will most likely need the new camera too. But, they sell the whole thing as a kit. If you opt to do it yourself (like most of us), you can probably use the existing wiring, but I am not sure about that.

A good example of what I am talking about is:
LCD Color Rear Vision - Item - Camping World

They 'should' make a wireless version of something similar. Also check JCWHITNEY.COM. They have LOTS of stuff for RVs.

Good luck,
Talons
p.s. I almost needed to replace mine, but then I saw the cable simply fell out.
Talons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:53 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Mike,

Contact Fleetwood and they should be able to provide you wiring diagrams, etc. for your Pace Arrow. I have a 1988 Limited and they sent me wiring diagram, plumbing, etc. Also, if you contact Fleetwood they may be able to tell you the make and model of the monitor.

Fleetwood 800.322.8216

John
Old 07-14-2010, 08:10 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Fleetwood

Thank you for your input, I have been in contact with fleetwood, and so far I have been able to buy the owners manual and I have asked them also for the other diagrams, and the have sent me some generic one for the 81 model, so I must assume that both model is basically the same, I just got a email from them this morning asking me what model my Pace Arrow was, and being I just bought it over last week end I did not know it came in more than one model in 83, they also told me that they have a very limited resource and once I get back with the correct model they will send me what ever they still had.
I did send them my VIN and was surprise that they were unable to get what they needed from the VIN being they were the only one who knew the VIN codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmerritt View Post
Mike,

Contact Fleetwood and they should be able to provide you wiring diagrams, etc. for your Pace Arrow. I have a 1988 Limited and they sent me wiring diagram, plumbing, etc. Also, if you contact Fleetwood they may be able to tell you the make and model of the monitor.

Fleetwood 800.322.8216

John
Old 07-14-2010, 08:41 AM   #5

What chassis is your Pace Arrow on? If it is a John Deere you can contact Freightliner and they may have some additional info for you. Our Limited is on a John Deere with the Ford 460 powertrain. Parts have been "fun" to locate for our 1988 so I am sure that you probably will have some "fun" on your own part finding what you need.

John
Old 07-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Chassis

Again just based on the little I have seen it seem to be a Chevy P30 with a 454 engine.[just base on the research I have located on line every one of that year and model has stated it.]

I hear back from Fleetwood, and they just told me that I must provide them with the motorhome FIN number before they can determine what model I have so I guess I will go looking for that tonight.

Quote:
What chassis is your Pace Arrow on? If it is a John Deere you can contact Freightliner and they may have some additional info for you. Our Limited is on a John Deere with the Ford 460 powertrain. Parts have been "fun" to locate for our 1988 so I am sure that you probably will have some "fun" on your own part finding what you need.

John
Old 07-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #7

You should be able to find the VIN # at the dashboard edge by the windshield on the driver's side. It may also be duplicated on the edge of the driver's door or possibly under the hood.

John
Old 07-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
FIN instead of VIN

Thank for the input, no I know the VIN, but I guess that Fleetwood has their own number which is the FIN, and It is suppose to be just outside the drivers door, and I will look for that tonight.

Quote:
You should be able to find the VIN # at the dashboard edge by the windshield on the driver's side. It may also be duplicated on the edge of the driver's door or possibly under the hood.

John
Old 07-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

The VIN was assigned to the chassis by Chevrolet, so Fleetwood tracks everyting by the Fleetwood ID Number (FIN), which is usually on a sticker on the outside on the front left. Hope its still there on an 83.

Most of the manuals will be appliance and component manuals and do not come from Fleetwood. You need to identify the make & model of fridge, furnace, water heater, etc. and download them from various online sites - most are readily available. Google the make, e.g. Atwood, and appliance type, e.g. water heater, with the word 'manual' and you should find several sources.

Here is one good source:

Service Documents
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #10

we to need an operator manual for 28 ft fleetwood pace arrow the console controls , the fusebox, the control switches above the friddge and geneneral operation. and maintanance. any help??
Old 11-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Manuals

Due to the help I got from others I now host a website with a lot of the data you are now seeking, please feel free to follow this link:

1983 Fleetwood Pace Arrow Owners Manuals

Feel free to print anything on this site for your own use.

Mike aka kartvines
Old 11-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #12

mike aka kartvines, partially down loaded owners manual but alas we have dial up orsomething wrong w/ computer some images did not complete. the image that we want is the fusebox config. and drivers panel control the image is not for ours we have a 28ft w/o the galley. the bath is on the rear on drivers side. the dining and living area isup front from the entry door. so would appreciate some help with this. thx debbie :- )
Old 11-09-2010, 04:02 PM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by altis04 View Post
mike aka kartvines, partially down loaded owners manual but alas we have dial up orsomething wrong w/ computer some images did not complete. the image that we want is the fusebox config. and drivers panel control the image is not for ours we have a 28ft w/o the galley. the bath is on the rear on drivers side. the dining and living area isup front from the entry door. so would appreciate some help with this. thx debbie :- )
Sorry to hear you had problems, that is why I converted them all to a jepg file,to make them easier to download and print and every page I test printed worked and printed fine, I do have DSL and I guess that make a differences. Good luck
Old 11-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #14

thx kartvines we did finally download and print genaral op pages. our pace has differant floor plan and set up . and i have to give thanks to whoever hooked us up to makarios for the outdoor light assist handle light lens. wiating to see if they are the right ones. we still would like to get the right owners operator manuals for our 28 ft pace. i sure didnt realize they had so many models to choose from. you guys are great. :-)