RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2020, 03:26 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
New Owner Questions '04 Pace Arrow 37C

CJ,Krolak
My husband and I also are new 2004 Pace Arrow 37C Owners.
We like you are learning the systems and have replaced some things, updated a few etc.
Was wondering on your coach what turns on the amber light at the top rear drivers side. Fleetwood indicates there is a switch on the dash but we have not found one. The amber porch light is turned on just inside the door, but unless the bulb burned out this does not turn on the rear drivers side amber light.
Also another perplexing thing is our ceiling stereo bedroom speakers do not work and was wondering if you have found a switch that turns these on and off. Fleetwood indicates its like a light switch in the bedroom but again I do not find one.
Possibly we can help each other with our new coaches.
Denise & Neil Byrnes
Neicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2020, 04:13 PM   #2

The switch for the exterior divers side light is on the dash on my 2003. To the right of the steering wheel there are 4 switches. The one with the light symbol does it. BTW. I changed the build inside to a white led so it will actually be useful. Let me know if that works
No idea on the speaker issue
Old 07-26-2020, 09:44 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Denise

Try pushing the audio button on the dash radio twice and adjusting the front rear fade. The ceiling speakers on the bedroom on my 04 37c are driven by the dash radio, not the surround sound system.

Randy
Kluffinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 09:46 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Also the high outside light on the drivers side is switched on with the under hood light switch. Itís on the dash.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neicy View Post
CJ,Krolak
My husband and I also are new 2004 Pace Arrow 37C Owners.
We like you are learning the systems and have replaced some things, updated a few etc.
Was wondering on your coach what turns on the amber light at the top rear drivers side. Fleetwood indicates there is a switch on the dash but we have not found one. The amber porch light is turned on just inside the door, but unless the bulb burned out this does not turn on the rear drivers side amber light.
Also another perplexing thing is our ceiling stereo bedroom speakers do not work and was wondering if you have found a switch that turns these on and off. Fleetwood indicates its like a light switch in the bedroom but again I do not find one.
Possibly we can help each other with our new coaches.
Denise & Neil Byrnes
I haven't gotten around to the sound / TV yet, I will have to check that out.

The right porch light over the door is turned on via a switch in the doorway.

The left porch light in the rear drivers side is turned on via a switch on the dash, as benedicttw has already commented. I think those dash switches are counter-intuitive, when I thought the switch was in the OFF position it was actually in the ON position, so after I replaced the burnt out bulb it took me a day to figure out how to get that driver's side porch light out. Both of my porch lens covers were UV-damaged and brittle so I had to replace them.
cjkrolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 07:21 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
2004 37c pa

Thanks to everyone for the help. Located dash switch, did not even realize there was a not so bright light under hood. Outside rear light did not come on so going to check bulb and replace with LED. Was able to find and operate the rear ceiling "radio" speakers. Wow just wonder why these were even installed.
However it is very satisfying to know all you can about this amazing motorhome.
I am sure there will be more questions to come.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:39 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Cabinet Door Lifts-2004 Pace Arrow

Kluffinator,
Interested in what size strut you found that works for the cargo doors.
I may be posting my info on the entertainment cabinets twice as I am still learning to navigate the site, but these worked perfect.
Well I cannot figure out how to attach photo, so ordered from Amazon!

"2Pcs 100N/22.5lb Gas Struts Safety Lift Support Cabinet Door Lift Pneumatic Support Soft Open and Down Lid Support" Brand: Niannian Price: $7.98
Length: 10.5"

I give all this because there are so many to choose from. These are Perfect!!
Old 08-25-2020, 10:59 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Stabilizers

Has anyone had stabilizers installed on their 2004-2008 Pace Arrow?
If so were they helpful?
One other question, has anyone had service/repair work done at the Lazy Days in Tampa?
Thanks,
Denise
Old 08-26-2020, 08:05 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Since your Pace Arrow is on a Workhorse Chassis, a search of the discussions in that forum might yield some valuable information pertaining to handling improvements.

I canít suggest to you to post the same question there that you have posted here as that would be a violation of the guidelines.

However I have found the chassis forum to contain a breadth of information that can be obtained with a search.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:51 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Battery Mystery

OK so here goes. Suggestions for troubleshooting Start Battery Issues.
2004 Pace Arrow 37C.
RV plugged into power but RV start battery want turn over if not run in approx 2 weeks, 3 days. Battery replaced about 12 months ago and still wouldn't hold charge if had not been run in 2 weeks. Had checked and tech said Battery Solenoid Supply bad. Had that replaced Dec 2019. However that wasn't it, If we don't run it every 2+ weeks, we have to put a charge on it to crank. We just returned from NC Mountain August 9th and today it would not turn over. RV stays plugged in because I run dehumidifiers and AC . It has been my understanding that plugged to power batteries stay charged. House Battery not affected.
Thanks!!
Old 08-27-2020, 04:32 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not sure of the fix. I have the same issue. I always turn off the chassis (start) battery using the switch above the doorway to the right(looking out) whenever I am parked for more than a day or two. The battery doesnít lose itís charge as fast.

Plus my switch to use the house batteries to start the engine doesnít work as it should. I think the two issues are related but havenít done a deep dive to understand how.

Sorry I canít if more help. But I think you are right that the converter is supposed to keep all the batteries charged when plugged in.
Old 08-27-2020, 04:34 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I didnít replace the struts in the cargo bay doors. I just moved the bottom mount up a bit.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:11 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Neicy

I took your advice on those upper cabinet struts. They work well. Much better head room.
The door on the left in the photo is original. The right one is with the new strut. I may install a magnetic catch so the door latches a bit more positive. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0594.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	442.1 KB
ID:	299364
Old 09-03-2020, 12:16 PM   #14

batteries

on my 04 bounder , the cranking batteries are charged by the engine and only charged otherwise when the house batteries have reached a 80% charge
stamey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pace arrow, new owner, ace