Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2007, 03:33 AM   #1

Just got back from picking up 2007 Revolution LE 42N and as we try to learn about the new unit have found some problems and considering dealer is 600 miles away, I am looking for help.

1) Stairwell cover will not extend, not sure where switch is, as it is not where Fleetwood owner's manual says it is. Found an unidentified switch next to passenger seat with extract and extend lables but nothing happens when it is pushed. Maybe it is a fuse, where are fuses located? This was a problem noted at time of purchase and when we did the PDI walk through at delivery it did work in and out once but upon getting home no go.

Same problem with extending the footrest on passenger seat, we can not get it to extend either.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Ernie
Wyotraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2007, 03:33 AM   #2

Just got back from picking up 2007 Revolution LE 42N and as we try to learn about the new unit have found some problems and considering dealer is 600 miles away, I am looking for help.

1) Stairwell cover will not extend, not sure where switch is, as it is not where Fleetwood owner's manual says it is. Found an unidentified switch next to passenger seat with extract and extend lables but nothing happens when it is pushed. Maybe it is a fuse, where are fuses located? This was a problem noted at time of purchase and when we did the PDI walk through at delivery it did work in and out once but upon getting home no go.

Same problem with extending the footrest on passenger seat, we can not get it to extend either.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Ernie
Old 11-17-2007, 08:57 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ernie,

I have a manual stairwell cover, so I can't help you there.

The rocker switch for the passenger footrest on our Providence is on the right hand side of the seat. Hope this helps.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:06 PM   #4

Craig: Thanks for the response, there is a switch on the right side that I assumed was for the footrest, so I guess I was right; however it will not work. So one more item on the warranty list.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:14 PM   #5

On our 06 Rev "E" model, the cover switch is in the panel above the entry door with among other things, the heat and air thermostat, it is not labeled. We never use the cover, it works way to slow. On our first trip we turned the passenger seat around to face the galley, in doing so I unplug it's power, easy to plug back up.

2007 Hummer H3X
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:52 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Playmaker:
We never use the cover, it works way to slow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Our "manual" cover is very fast.

The DW never closes it though. I've wondered how many people actually do use them...

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:15 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
On our '07 Rev LE, 40E, the hydraulic step cover is fairly fast, with the pump in the front bay, driver's side, and fuse in the fuse box just above. The switch is at the door. My DW once accidentally disconnected the batteries instead of moving the cover and caused me a few minutes of stress. We seldom use it as she uses the power foot rest for her tootsies. If the power is out the step cover moves by hand, with only moderate effort.

2007 REV LE
Jack Myton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:55 AM   #8

Jack: Thanks for the info. I am not aware of the Revolution owners group. I think you have confirmed the switch location on a panel by the door with several other switchs, which are all labeled except for the one black one. It must be a fuse as that switch will not work. The DW would love to use the footrest on the chair but of course it will not extend either.

Ernie
Old 11-25-2007, 09:30 PM   #9

Ernie,

the group that Jack belongs to is the Revolution Owners Yahoo Group. It is a great group of Rev owners that share information about their coaches.

07 American Eagle
George B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:38 PM   #10

George: Thanks for the info.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:08 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

The step well cover in my American tradition is fast and slams hard - would not want to have my leg in the way! It is air operated, so won't work when air has been dumped from the suspension. Do you know if yours is air, electric or hydraulic? Somebody mentioned a pump and slow operation, so I'm guessing that at least some Revolutions have hydraulics for the step well cover.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote