Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2016, 01:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim myers View Post
I am an extremely patient man but ...
My simple mind tells me to take the darn thing out and get the number off of the frame.
Just think how I feel with my Bounder at the dealer (Lazydays Tampa) for warranty work since March 8th. Yep 4+ months
I feel your pain.
As frustrating as it can be sometimes we just need to shake it off and smile and put it in perspective. Easier said than done, I know.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2016, 08:24 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverh View Post
My stupid accountant mind tells me the same thing. Take it out and get the number off of the window. What should have been simple has turned into a gigantic cluster ****. I was actually looking forward to hearing of a good experience from the factory service. At least you could enjoy the parking and backing show.
I actually had that conversation and was told that FW uses different numbers than what is on the actual window, to which I said, somebody somewhere had the cross reference because they got ordered the first time. Too till after 1400 today for them to tell me that they didn't have the window in Decatur and would have to order one. Of course this was after two trips to check on it. More about that in a later post.

They said they would mail it to me because I wouldn't loose it and I could bring it back at anytime and have them install it. I said well it would be much less expensive to have it installed by a local RV repair facility (assuming they order the correct window this time) than to take another day off work and drive to Decatur. Mechanic gave me plenty of seal material just in case the window show up with out it and talked me through the installation.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:38 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Just think how I feel with my Bounder at the dealer (Lazydays Tampa) for warranty work since March 8th. Yep 4+ months
I feel your pain.
As frustrating as it can be sometimes we just need to shake it off and smile and put it in perspective. Easier said than done, I know.
I can't even fathom what you are going through. I watched coach after coach arrive and leave without being fixed. Or heard stories about people that had been there for days, weeks. Many had driven a thousand miles or more that left with out things being fixed.

Actually it is pretty easy for me to shake it off, mine is only a frustration because my repair should have been so simple.

The thing is, I didn't find anyone that didn't want to provide excellent service. Everybody there really wanted to fix things for me and everyone. In talking with the mechanics I think they get it. They understand that people have sometimes invested their life savings in these motor homes and that at the prices they paid they should not be breaking down. One of the techs said hey your threshold is showing more wear than it should for a 9 month old coach, would you like me to replace that for you. I said sure. He was very meticulous in removing the old material making sure to get all the old adhesive up. The worker changing out the one window I was able to watch worked for 30 minutes on the new screen because he didn't like the way it has been stretched and inserted, he worked hard to make it perfect for me.

Best I can tell is that their hands are tied to a methodology that they can't get around. REV is a huge business and prides itself in bringing lean manufacturing to the companies it buys to make them more profitable. I gleaned this from the little meeting before I took my tour, but there also needs to be some pushing some authority down to the lowest level. there seem to be so many layers that they have to navigate through that the request gets lost in the shuffle.

Anyway that's my $.02 worth, keep the change.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:39 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
The rendering of the new service center we saw at the FMA rally in June had the campground looking like below. Granted, I can't see them having all the landscaping with the grass between done yet, but are you saying it's still just a parking lot?

Lori-
Attached Images

NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:17 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I really don't remember where I got the thought from but I expected them to just level and black top the current front yard.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:35 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
They were striping the lot when I got there Sunday, and were working on the light bases Monday. The parking lot is all but finished, but I don't know where they stand with the electric.

The building however looks like little has been done recently. The building wrap looks old and dirty like it has been there awhile. I only saw one trade working there Monday, so I am not sure what is going on with that part of the project.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:22 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I sure hope it's more than just blacktop. Mgmt was all proud of announcing how great the updated service center would be at the FMA rally & that included bragging about there was going to be landscaping between the sites that would include grass so owners in for service would have a nice spot to walk their pets. It's possible they're waiting until fall, when it's cooler, since we're in the heat of the summer. Neither laying down turf grass or trying to plant grass would not fare well this time of year & cost lots of money/water to maintain.

Lori-
Old 07-13-2016, 09:02 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
There is space for landscaping around the perimeter of the lot and between the lone rows of parking spaces, but I didn't see anything but blacktop between the spaces side to side
Old 07-14-2016, 09:33 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
I should have taken a picture. Looked like they were within a week or two of the lot being ready, but with the building so far away from completion it would be a long walk to the existing check in lobby.
Old 10-22-2016, 01:00 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Well, I was back to the Decatur service center this past Monday. I still didn't get any pictures. Shame on me!!! I dropped the Storm off to have work done on proper cooling of the generator. When I emailed them about the generator shutting down after about 20 minutes of driving they knew exactly what was going on. Seems the heat from the V-10 cooks the fuel line and causes vapor lock. With no usable fuel the genset shuts down. the fix is a vent in the bay door where the generator is plus more heat shielding around the generator. They also move the generator exhaust pipe further back and move the generator fuel pump back to the gas tank. The explanation was that all this works to keep the gasoline in the liquid state and usable by the generator. I am thrilled that they came up with such a quick fix but a little disappointed that they know this is an issue and are willing to do nothing until an owner complains. So if it hadn't been very hot when driving home from the service center back in July and I had never found out that the generator wouldn't run while driving I would have passed out of warranty and would have stumbled around for a fix myself.

As for the new parking; it looks great. I arrived in time Monday to sign in, and drop the coach off so I could drive the toad home. I was assigned a spot and while my service rep and I went over the latest list of things to look at I went outside to plug into shore power so we could have some AC. Much to my amazement there are no 30AMP receptacles. Everything is 50Amp. I checked power pedestals two or three spaces either direction and none had 30Amp power available.

While that just sounds stupid to me, it is what it is so if you find yourself needing to go to FW for service you should pick up a 30/50Amp adapter so you can plug in, or count on the limited use from a 30/20 amp adapter.
Old 10-22-2016, 01:14 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
I posted a few on a different thread. Here again:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1477163537.633271.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	142269Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1477163560.535353.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	142270Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1477163575.053724.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	142271Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1477163588.088627.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	142272Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1477163603.671619.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	142273Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1477163619.758911.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	142274Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1477163635.109263.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	142275
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:57 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Here are some pictures of the parking area. I know they need to drain rainwater but would have thought the parking spaces would be a bit more level than what I saw. As any rate it is nice with plenty of room for your toad.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20161028_143432.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	143139   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161028_143709.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	143140  

Name:	20161028_143713.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	143141   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161028_143526.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	143142  

Name:	20161028_143447.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	143143  
Old 10-31-2016, 09:32 PM   #27
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Thanks for the pics! Well, so much for the "grassy landscaped areas" depicted in the artist renderings we saw at the FMA rally.

Lori-
Old 10-31-2016, 11:38 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Yep, budget cuts probably, and no place for us lowly 30 Amp guys to plug in. Either have to purchase a 30 to 50 Amp adapter or use a 30 to 20 Amp adapter and make sure you don't pop the breaker.

Tags
cat, service