Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2015, 07:16 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
New to Fleetwood

Hello,

I am considering the purchase of 2006 Revolution - I have only owned and am familiar with the Newmar coach brand, We own a 2002 Dutch Star.

Some thoughts and help please, the basic RV systems I have a good grasp on but I would like to hear from Fleetwood/American coach owners on what they like or dislike about their motor coaches. And I relalize most of this is subjective.

Is there anything specific I should know about this model year or 2000 mid-decade models - good or bad.

Thanks in advance for helping a fellow RVer - please know it is appreciated.

Glenn
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2015, 09:31 AM   #2

I have no dislikes on my 07 runs and rides great and the floor plan is what DW wanted alls good.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:24 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
We were a Fleetwood dealer. They made a very good product. We also carried Allegro. (along with several other brands.) In my opinion, these are the two top manufacturers.
I like the fleetwood products because they are well built and most have a very high carrying capacity. I have a 35 ft. Pace Arrow. It has a carrying capacity of 4300 pounds. That is a huge number for a 35 ft. Gasser. In the eight years I have had the Pace, I have had no Fleetwood related problems. (Construction related problems.) Of course I have had the ref. thermocople, overhead lights, Water heater board, etc go bad. But that has nothing to do with the coach manufacturer. I believe you will be happy with a Fleetwood product.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:29 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Without knowing the history of this specific coach, a used Revolution would be a good choice. Well built and well supported by American Coach service and customer support.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:25 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Without knowing the history of this specific coach, a used Revolution would be a good choice. Well built and well supported by American Coach service and customer support.
And hard to find! I've been trolling for quite a while for a 2012 or 2013 on the East Coast!

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:04 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We love our Rev!
We have had four coaches and are very happy with the two Fleetwoods.
The only issues from those years seems to be clear coat peeling on the top front cap
Old 11-10-2015, 12:34 AM   #7

The Revolution has been discussed here quite a few times before. Suggest you do a forum search for further information. As mentioned, American Coach/Fleetwood customer service support is absolutely outstanding.....they don't seem to care how old your coach is. They will help if they can. Overall build quality by American Coach is awesome. Ours is, anyhow.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
We were a Fleetwood dealer. They made a very good product. We also carried Allegro. (along with several other brands.) In my opinion, these are the two top manufacturers.
I like the fleetwood products because they are well built and most have a very high carrying capacity. I have a 35 ft. Pace Arrow. It has a carrying capacity of 4300 pounds. That is a huge number for a 35 ft. Gasser. In the eight years I have had the Pace, I have had no Fleetwood related problems. (Construction related problems.) Of course I have had the ref. thermocople, overhead lights, Water heater board, etc go bad. But that has nothing to do with the coach manufacturer. I believe you will be happy with a Fleetwood product.

This is such great news.
We're in the process of buying a 2007 Bounder 38N diesel THROUGH PPL in Houston.
We've been looking for a while now. Wife absolutely loved the floorplan.
We knew pretty much what we wanted, after 3 5er's and 2 mh's. Currently, we have a 2000 Southwind 34N. The coach is great, I really have noticed the quality in the FW products. That's sort of why I was wanting to stay with the FW's if possible when we started looking.

Now, if I could just figure out why the front right turn signal(s) don't work life would be great.
malexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 05:59 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
... well supported by American Coach service and customer support...
AC tech support is excellent. If you have an issue, and it is complex, they will stay on the phone and talk you through it.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:35 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by malexander View Post
This is such great news.
We're in the process of buying a 2007 Bounder 38N diesel THROUGH PPL in Houston.
We've been looking for a while now. Wife absolutely loved the floorplan.
We knew pretty much what we wanted, after 3 5er's and 2 mh's. Currently, we have a 2000 Southwind 34N. The coach is great, I really have noticed the quality in the FW products. That's sort of why I was wanting to stay with the FW's if possible when we started looking.

Now, if I could just figure out why the front right turn signal(s) don't work life would be great.
Being a class A person who always wanted to get it done quickly, I would go to the turn signal lamp. Follow the wire to the first connector. check for power at the connector. If you have power there, go to the light. take it apart and check for power at the end of the wire. If power there replace the ground or socket. If you have no power at the connector. (where you started) Work your way back to the turn signal.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:24 AM   #11

My confidence in Fleetwood just increased a lot

If there is any way you can take the factory tour - do so. I gained a tremendous respect for the integrity of the basic construction of all Fleetwood Class A models from the smallest to the biggest coach.

After the tour ( I took it two days in a row because I wanted to really look at detail) I then researched other brands again for basic construction just to confirm what I had seen. I found that our coaches are built with the structural integrity and thought full engineering as any other brand and better than most.

Of course we all have the niggling (and not so niggling) problems especially when our coaches are new, but if I buy again I will stick with Fleetwood without a doubt. I am not typically a brand loyalist with most of my purchases but in this case I have become one.
kmx888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
Being a class A person who always wanted to get it done quickly, I would go to the turn signal lamp. Follow the wire to the first connector. check for power at the connector. If you have power there, go to the light. take it apart and check for power at the end of the wire. If power there replace the ground or socket. If you have no power at the connector. (where you started) Work your way back to the turn signal.
Thanks GA.
This'll give me something else to look at this weekend.
malexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 02:45 PM   #13

Our 40' Revolution has been awesome. It drives great and while we have had a few minor repairs most of which were caused by us. Added some extra latches so our overloaded cabinets stay shut... Did some lighting upgrades but mostly we just use it!

Bill & Christine
40 ft Revolution LE Diesel Pusher & Honda Fit Sport
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Chiefly1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood