Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2017, 11:23 AM   #1

New to me Discovery

Will post here hoping this is right place.

Just purchased a 2003 fleetwood Discovery last week. Started our maiden voyage sunday and everything is great with only a few minor hiccups.. one question about entertainment center.. I see the old analog TV's need to be replaced and that will be coming next week when we get home.. I did find on the roof a TracVision dome sat dish. Does anyone know if these things are still compatable with Directv receivers? I have DTV at home so can use one of my receivers from there.

All ideas appreciated. .
Thanks
zuteduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2017, 06:53 PM   #2

Don't know about the dish, but welcome to the Discovery family! If you haven't yet done so, you should join the Discovery Owners of America club. Members have a private email group where issues particular to your make and model are discussed, and members who have coaches just like yours are ready to answer any questions you have.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:59 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Depends on if it is programmed for DirecTV or not. If it is, it should work with older receivers. There's a list somewhere that lists which receivers it will work with. Good luck and welcome!
Old 06-30-2017, 06:09 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Great choice on a Discovery! I'll second Hopkins' remark about joining DOAI (link: DOAI MAIN PAGE) and getting onto the email group. Lots of good thoughts and ideas here, but more general. On DOAI, very focused discussion and many very knowledgeable folks.

Recently there was a very extensive discussion about the TracVision and Direct TV. You can find the thread easily; it's loaded with info. I have DISH with a Trav'ler dish, but I do recall some commentary that the old dish will not support HD. You'll need to look at the thread for details and options.
Home base now in Kerrville TX
Al n Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuteduff View Post
Will post here hoping this is right place.

Just purchased a 2003 fleetwood Discovery last week. Started our maiden voyage sunday and everything is great with only a few minor hiccups.. one question about entertainment center.. I see the old analog TV's need to be replaced and that will be coming next week when we get home.. I did find on the roof a TracVision dome sat dish. Does anyone know if these things are still compatable with Directv receivers? I have DTV at home so can use one of my receivers from there.

All ideas appreciated. .

Thanks

Odds are it was set up for none HD receiver. Yes you can use a none HD receiver you just have to change some settings on dish design. Some people will say trash it I say try it if it works use it.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:18 AM   #6

Welcome zuteduff and congratulations on the Discovery! We had a 1997 Discovery and now we are enjoying our 2006 Discovery. As for the dome, we don't use our at all. In our last coach I found the dome was very noisy, and it had to keep "finding" those satellites. Instead, since we like to camp in wooded type settings, we use the Winegard Pathway X2 a portable satellite dish and Dish Network. With the Pathway I can set the unit a hundred feet away in need be.

Enjoy our beautiful countries and their people!
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:34 AM   #7

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Just got a new TV installed up front and I dont believe the Track is working. Used my fixed Direct dish and an extra receiver and got all channels.. will keep looking everything over. Also found other things that need updating.. got a 110 GFI in the back bedroom that will not work. When I checked the voltage the was only 100 unless you turn off the a/c then it goes to 107.. not sure where the 120 breakers are at yet but looking......
Old 07-02-2017, 07:11 AM   #8

On voltages, check what is incoming from the shore power, and then check interior voltages. If significantly different, then look closely at the male plug. I clean the contacts on mine using my Dremel tool and a small wire brush. If still a difference check the shore power plug for dirty contacts. There is also a chance the actual male plug is old and faulty.

Next check the wire connections at each circuit breaker. Lots of times these need to be tightened as they work loose.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:40 AM   #9

2003 discovery

as of 10-21-17, have completed about 3500 miles since purchase. to St Louis, thru Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia , Virginia, Maryland, DC, Tennessee and back to Arkansas. Only minor problems but stuff that you might expect on a 14 year old coach. Did find the Transfer Switch smoked before we left in August which is what caused the GFI problem. replaced and working as normal. Bought this RV from a dealer that had it as a consignment. Had a problem with the patio awing, and still having a problem getting it fixed and may have to do it myself. But have enjoyed being back on the road in a MH. Have two children with us, 14 and 4. home schooling this year so have the ability to see the US while learning.

Everyone have a blessed Shabot, and be safe.

Tags
discovery