Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2021, 08:28 PM   #1

New (to us) 2014 Bounder Classic 34B

We are the 3rd owners and the original owners manuals have long disappeared. This is our first unit and I have so many questions and so few answers. Am hoping to hook up with owners of similar rigs to help me through the first 90 days.
It would be a big help if I had a list all of the standard equipment on my rig and the basic location and operation of each feature. Is there such a list?

There are many references to the “Owners Information Package” as well as the “Chassis Operators Owners Guide Manual”. I have neither I called Fleetwood and was told that those are issued to new owners and specific to that unit. They cannot help me.

All I have in a generic 100 pg 2014 Owner’s Manual for Southwind, Bounder, and Bounder Classic

I just learned today that my house batteries are stone dead. Obviously I am not shutting down the unit completely.

There is no info on the AV system and the cables run through the unit are a nightmare.

The “radio” unit in the dash which house the camera monitor has no manual.

And much, much more.

Can someone please give me a push in the right direction so that we can begin to enjoy our RV?

Joe
2014 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 34B
Jbrieker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2021, 12:22 PM   #2

Start with making a list of all the major components; frig, toilet,stove/oven, heater, hot water heater,water pump, generator, TVs, radios. The list should include make,model,and serial number. Once you have that information you can go to various mfg websites and download the manuals. Also using this thread folks will be extremely helpful. In your signature add the year, model, length and chassis(ie. f-53 or diesel info). As far as the house batteries go test them to see if they’re good and then work your way up the chain. It’s a starting point. You might even find someone in your area willing to help you out.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:31 PM   #3
Community Administrator

That’s good advice above ^^^.
Here’s a link to your brochure which should help. Your in the right Forum section and there will be other Owners here to assist. I suggest you start a new thread for each question so others can concentrate on giving you their advice on each.

https://recreationalvehicles.info/20...c-brochure.pdf

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 12:43 PM   #4
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Fleetwood could help you it is just that they would rather not help you, IMO.

I am guessing that you have an inverter. There will be a large red knob that disconnects the inverter from the batteries in the Power Center. When storing turn it off. There is some residual draw that will kill the house batteries over a period of time. The battery disconnect switches by the door doesn't do this.

Speaking of the battery disconnect switches the one that kills the chassis (start) some things still have some draw such as the propane and smoke detectors. If storing over a long period (winter) you might pull a cable off the chassis battery or install a disconnect switch. The downside is that your coach might have to "relearn" your driving and shifting. Only takes a 20 miles or so for this.

AFAIK, and in my experience, the house disconnect will kill all the 12 volt in the house.

Tags
bounder