Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2019, 01:12 PM   #1

Gulf Streamers Club
Spartan Chassis
Newbie Question: ABS or PVC

Good Day All ! Newbie question here. I have a 93 Fleetwood Bounder that we took on our trip last year to Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon. About 200 miles into our trip we had a blowout on the left rear inside tire that cracked the waste tank. My question is how do I determine if its abs or pvc ? Both waste tanks are gray and I've tried looking up the company that made them (El Monte Plastics) but they went out of business. I've thought of taking tank to a local plastic company to see if they could tell me what type it is so I can do the repairs but wanted to check here first since there is a lot of RV knowledge here. I have removed the tank from RV already. I would appreciate any and all help and comments . Thanks
Robertgjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2019, 01:42 PM   #2

Good question. And there was a time when I knew the answer because I had a '94 Fleetwood Bounder. Now I'd have to direct you to this web site: RV Site

I just remembered...my plan, if I ever had a holding tank leak, was to clean it well, let it totally dry, fine grit sandpaper the crack to make a smooth surface, alcohol clean it, than apply 4" wide Eternabond tape. That was my plan anyway. Luckily I never had a leak.

And of course, there's a lot of good info at my web site for the Bounder too: '94 Bounder repair info...

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:03 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Welcome to the IRV2.com FORUM(S).

When you first enter this group, a new Member may feel a bit overwhelmed by all the forums you can find here. First, you need to set up your USER CP
Once you open and start a menu will open on the left side just take it all in the step-by-step top to bottom.

NEXT, you will find this forum is made up of 14-Forums broken into four-part forums. First is the HOME, top left above the member's menu. This forum is very helpful to new members to learn and become more familiar with overtime.

NEXT TO HOME is FORUMS on the top left covering Community, RV Lifestyles, Regional and RV Camping. and to the right of this is RV Forums.

RV FORUMS on the top left covers a lot about TRUCKS, Conversations, MVT's, HDT's, Travel Trailers/5th Wheel Chassis & TECH stuff, Chassis CLUB, RV SYSTEMS, Powertrain Garage.

Then you have the OWNERS FORUMS Covering Registry, A-M, and N-Z.

Now if you pan down to the bottom of the page you will find other FORUMS and if you know or have a Class B, you can direct or join the CLASS B FORUMS at Class B Forums And if you get down to Florida this link may be very HELPFUL http://www.CampFlorida.com Enjoy the Roads.

So welcome you again, I hope you join in the fun and share your knowledge by helping new members find their way in this forum as you would in, any RV Park. Again, make sure to set up your USER CP as this is helpful to you and other members. Again if you enjoy or think of starting your own RV Blog you can do that here as well above on menu bar is BLOGS Enjoy and safe TRAVELS. You can also find RV PARKS above in CAMPGROUNDS.
van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, abs