Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2019, 03:17 PM   #1

Newbie questions

New to this forum. We have been camping BBC since 2003. We just bought a 2004 Fleetwood Discovery 39S and I have some questions

The front jacks don't always go all the way up. Any thoughts on fixing that issue?

There is a white PVC line with a blue valve in the first compartment aft of the passenger slide. For what is its purpose?

The hot water heater in electric mode does not get very hot. Just warm. Change element? Can you adjust the temperature?

Is there a shut off valve for the propane? I thought the propane needed to be shut off while driving?

Just did a shakedown run at a campground 1 mile from my house the last two nights. Everything seems to work ok. Still need to test the satellite system.

Thanks in advance.

Rex
roadracerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2019, 05:32 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
The front jacks don't always go all the way up. Any thoughts on fixing that issue?
The jacks on that coach are pulled up by springs after the hdrualic valves open. Either the springs have grown weak or the jack rams need a bit of lubrication so they slip through the seal more easily. If they are Power Gear brand jacks they may have a grease fitting on the bottom for that purpose. Otherwise, spray the ram with some W40 and run them up and down a few times.

Quote:
There is a white PVC line with a blue valve in the first compartment aft of the passenger slide. For what is its purpose?
Sounds like a water line but I cannot guess its specific purpose. How about turning the valve off and see what stops working?

Quote:
The hot water heater in electric mode does not get very hot. Just warm. Change element? Can you adjust the temperature?
The heater element either works or is burned out - no in-between. Changing it won't help. No, the temperature is not adjustable. There is a good chance you have eiher a winter bypass valve partially open or another mixing faucet (shower heads, for example) allowing cold water to mix with the hot. Be sure to check the outside shower faucets.

Quote:
Is there a shut off valve for the propane? I thought the propane needed to be shut off while driving?
It does not need to be shut off while driving. There is no such requirement anywhere except a few tunnels. There will be a shut-off valve on the LP tank.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:15 AM   #3

Thanks Gary.

The valve was a quick drain for the fresh water tank.

The outside faucet valves were open.

I will check the jacks.

Rex
roadracerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 03:03 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
calcium can build up on the water heater element causing it to not heat as well
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:14 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Welcome to the IRV2.com FORUM(S).

When you first enter this group, a new Member may feel a bit overwhelmed by all the forums you can find here. First, you need to set up your USER CP
Once you open and start a menu will open on the left side just take it all in the step-by-step top to bottom.

NEXT, you will find this forum is made up of 14-Forums broken into four-part forums. First is the HOME, top left above the member's menu. This forum is very helpful to new members to learn and become more familiar with overtime.

NEXT TO HOME is FORUMS on the top left covering Community, RV Lifestyles, Regional and RV Camping. and to the right of this is RV Forums.

RV FORUMS on the top left covers a lot about TRUCKS, Conversations, MVT's, HDT's, Travel Trailers/5th Wheel Chassis & TECH stuff, Chassis CLUB, RV SYSTEMS, Powertrain Garage.

Then you have the OWNERS FORUMS Covering Registry, A-M, and N-Z.

Now if you pan down to the bottom of the page you will find other FORUMS and if you know or have a Class B, you can direct or join the CLASS B FORUMS at Class B Forums And if you get down to Florida this link may be very HELPFUL http://www.CampFlorida.com Enjoy the Roads.

So welcome you again, I hope you join in the fun and share your knowledge by helping new members find their way in this forum as you would in, any RV Park. Again, make sure to set up your USER CP as this is helpful to you and other members. Again if you enjoy or think of starting your own RV Blog you can do that here as well above on menu bar is BLOGS Enjoy and safe TRAVELS. You can also find RV PARKS above in CAMPGROUNDS.
van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracerex View Post

Every now and then my "jacks up" light won't extinguish, even though the jacks are fully retracted. In my case, my left rear seal leaks a little if I extend it too far, and topping off the reservoir turns off the light.

My propane shut off is a rocker switch located close to the filler fitting. It controls a solenoid/valve located at the tank which is about 20 ft forward of the filler.

Some folks run their refrigerator on propane while underway. We only turn ours off while filling the propane tank.

frogger

Tags