Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2016, 08:53 PM   #1

No cable tv connection

No cable TV
hello,

we have traded in our 5th wheel for a 14 fleetwood bounder and we love it! the only thing we are in question is, we are unable to get our normal cable tv. we are FT in our CG and then take camping trips here and there.

our CG provides cable tv via comcast and we just have to hook up with coax and so forth. but I am unable to see where or how I am going to get the cable to the comcast box and then to the tv? in the bedroom, the coax connector doesn't seem to work, as I had my modem plugged in and nothing.

connected the modem to the coax connector above driver seat and we have internet now. but still how do I find out how to connect the cable to my comcast box and then to the tv as the tv doesn't seem to be on a mount.

the bedroom connections shows a coax connector and 2 hdmi cables coming from the wall. so it could be either coax to comcast box and out (hdmi) ? and that i would have to take for granted that the hdmi cable goes into the tv as I don't want to pull the tv out from the wall and tear the whole thing apart.

does anyone know how the setup is?

thanks in advance for any information.

bill & jodi
stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2016, 09:07 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
What model of Bounder?

If you have a 35K, our DISCO schematic is exactly the same

Plug in campground cable in utility bay (or electrical bay)

Don't forget all TV have to be on channel 3 and set to cable-then auto channel search

HDMI cables are only if you are using satellite (or cable box), then coax to cable box and cable box to TV

I don't know if you can go from camp cable to modem then HDMI or coax to front TV?

Did I shed light or confuse you more?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Disc TV.pdf (244.5 KB, 215 views)
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:33 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Bill,

There should be a 6 way splitter in the coach. The coax you connected to your modem should be connected to the splitter. (see 005 on Brian's Diagram) All of the other outlets in the coach should be connected to this splitter as well. At the outlet on the wall nearest your TV connect your Comcast cable box and run the HDMI cable from it to the TV. Now, this is very important, if you know where the Antenna / Park Cable Booster is it may need to be turned off (little green light means over the air antenna is active blocking the cable signal). If this green light is illuminated cable signal will be blocked and you will be frustrated to no end. Happens to me all the time. Try it with the light off and you may have success. If not I suggest giving Fleetwood a call in the morning. Best wishes for success.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:38 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yes Steve, exactly. I forgot about that.
Xeena(German Shepard)
Old 02-23-2016, 10:40 PM   #5

yes we got a 14 bounder 35K great floor plan for us, and i'm going to try the hdmi to comcast box, but my comcast box has no hdmi, called comcast and they said i could go in to their office and switch it for one with a hdmi. i also have one of the comcast smaller boxes which they give you for a 2nd tv.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:38 PM   #6

ok all I got from fleetwood is a bunch of schematics of the coach, but no instructions on how to put it all together.

overhead the driver seat: cab contains coax connection mounted on wall; this is where I have connected my coax and then to my splitter to my comcast modem: modem is up and in sync and we have Internet.

their is a blu-ray player there and looks to be connected in the back, must be some strong velco holding it in place.

there is a 8-way power passing bi directional splitter mounder near blu-ray: 1 input and 8 output coax connections:
input - is wired up
4 output are wired up

the midship tv is mounted to wall with no access to rear: underneath there are 3 composite connections audio/video

... in the cab above driver seat, I placed the comcast hd box, and that is where I am at:
If I wired a coax cable from one of the out coaxes of the 8-way splitter to the cable-in coax of the comcast box, then I am still left with where does my coax cable go from the comcast hd box tv out?

any help would be appreciated...

bill
Old 02-26-2016, 06:24 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a pee brain...so you have internet working, but no TV and you have a comcast cable box for the front and rear? Do you have outside factory TV?
Xeena(German Shepard)
Old 02-26-2016, 11:16 PM   #8

yes we have Internet, that was straight forward, coax to connector then to modem:
we have midship tv, bedroom tv, and an external tv:

we have 1 comcast box, and 1 comcast smaller box for second tv. our last 5th wheel only had 2 tv's. our cg provides cable, we just need the boxes from comcast which they provide.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:44 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Bill,

Try this if you want to.

1. Connect the big Comcast box to one of the outputs on the 8 way splitter if you haven't done so already. Power it up.
2. Hopefully the other 4 coax cables are marked at the splitter.
a) If they are marked do these steps:
i) Disconnect the one coax for the TV you want to watch cable on.
ii) Connect that coax to the Comcast box.
iii) Set that TV to channel 3 or 4 to match the Comcast box setting.
iv) Wait for a few minutes to see if you have a picture.

b) If the coax's are NOT marked:
i) Disconnect one coax on the splitter output.
ii) Connect that coax to the Comcast box.
iii) Turn on all TV's in the coach.
iv) Set them all to channel 3 or 4 to match the Comcast box setting.
iv) Wait for a few minutes to see if you have a picture on one of them.
v) Mark that coax for the TV with the picture.
vi) Repeat for the rest of the output cables.

Maybe these steps will get you started watching the cable at least on one TV. Let me know how this works out and we can go from there.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:28 PM   #10

I dont see my reply, so will repost my reply to steve's advice:
went down the line on the ouput splitter and the cable marked RTV (rear tv?), I got a signal on the midship TV, using the big comcast box.

so now we have our regular shows on that cable, nice.

the screen is fuzzy, retightened all screws again cables and still fuzzy screen, looks like this coach was made for HDMI viewing.

tried using the smaller comcast box and nothing using same technq I did with the big box.

there is a cable outlet near the bedroom tv but no access to rear of tv. I have the smaller comcast box.

one train of thought, get a 3 way splitter replace the 2 way splitter currently using to connect to comcast big box and then:
cable in to 3 way splitter: cable out to big box / big box to RTV
cable out to small box / small box to some output on 8 way splitter (TBD), as far as getting signal//

thoughts?
Old 02-29-2016, 04:42 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
I was thinking back to our 35k (didn't have a roof sat dish).
Think you will find the cable outlet at the bedroom is the prewire for roof sat dish.
We used 2 "cable boxes" mid ship TV, unhooked the coax cable, plugged into the inlet side of box and cable box outlet to the TV. Access to the midship TV was in the mid bath behind the TV there was a panel.
Second cable box same thing, but we could access rear of our bedroom TV. Outside TV is controlled by the bedroom TV and you have to set outside TV to "component".
Fuzzy picture maybe loose at the CG connection?
Xeena(German Shepard)
Old 02-29-2016, 06:23 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You definitely have to make sure your over the air antenna booster is off. It may have a green light or red light.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:46 AM   #13

Can you clarify where i might find this 6-way splitter? I've got a 2015 Discovery.
My Air Antenna Booster switch is readily available in the AV closet above the driver, but there's no splitter up there, just a bunch of Coax and HDMI cables that disappear into a wiring harness.
LittleBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 02:20 PM   #14

our splitter is mounted on the wall in the cab above the driver seat.
on our 5th wheel, I could access the rear of the TV and connect the coax, but the 14 bounder has no way to access the rear of the TV.
I believe Fleetwood fixed that problem beginning with the 16 models.
I have a 8-way splitter mounted with 1 input and 8 output connectors.
4 coax are already affixed: RTV (Rear TV?), MTV(Mid TV?), ETX(ext TV?), INC(incoming?).
I have 1 coax connected mounted on wall:

so basically, I have connected
wall connector -> splitter (mine)
My splitter -> comcast modem (internet: working at this time)
My splitter -> comcast big box (cable in)
Comcast big box -> output connector on 8-way mounted splitter

now I have my regular cable shows I had before with the 5th wheel on my rear and mid TV. quality is fuzzy, and both tv's are connected to the comcast big box:

I have the 2nd comcast smaller box, which for hours now, I have been able to get both TV's on different channels each using their own respective box but with very poor quality.

my neighbors cable is excellent as was our's before we got the bounder, so cable signal is good.

cab above driver seat has wiring and connection for sat dish on roof:

bedroom cab has a coax connector mounted on wall with 2 hdmi wires coming out of wall: not sure how or what they connect to and from? I tried connecting to comcast small/big box no good, I can plug the cable in side, but then tv out from box would go nowhere since I cannot access the rear of the TV.

Fleetwood tech gave me wiring diagrams which has not helped me much, and they have nothing on installations. how can you build something and not know where/how the wiring would go to.

any thoughts? thank you in advance.

bill