Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2022, 07:26 PM   #1

No connection to trailer plug

On 2005 Discovery have a trailer plug with no turn signals, brake lights, or trailer lights to the trailer plug. All work on the coach but getting no connection to the trailer plug. I assume there is a fuse somewhere that controls the connection to the trailer plug but can't find it. Any suggestions!!
Sirjohnesq4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2022, 07:43 PM   #2
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirjohnesq4 View Post
On 2005 Discovery have a trailer plug with no turn signals, brake lights, or trailer lights to the trailer plug. All work on the coach but getting no connection to the trailer plug. I assume there is a fuse somewhere that controls the connection to the trailer plug but can't find it. Any suggestions!!
My 2007 Diesel Bounder had fuse and relay box in the right rear compartment. The turn signals had relays for right and left and a relay for brakes.They also had the fuses in same box. The relays isolate the trailer electric system form the coach. This way a short in you trailer will not cause your coach to lose its lights. Hope this helps. Safe Travels
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 04:28 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
On my 2006 Discovery the fuse box for the trailer plug is in the right rear compartment where the spare tire should be located. They are in a black box with all the wires going in. Turn on your turn signal and listen for the clicking to help you find it.
Old 08-06-2022, 04:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirjohnesq4 View Post

As others have said about fuses and make sure receptical is not corroded.
Old 08-12-2022, 07:48 PM   #5

My 2008 connections are in an Arins box, right rear compartment.
basketball is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer