Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Me too I have never seen a compressed gas tank that did not have one or more.
It must be fun getting it filled as some of these attendants have a mind set that
is in rock.
wb7auk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #16

Found out that the LP detector was turned off. Turned it on and got gas to the appliances within a few seconds. Thanks for the advise. I will check again about a manual shut off valve. If it doesn't have one, I will get one installed just to be safe. Thanks again.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:50 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Stump Jumper: I'm curious as to how the detector got turned off. You probably didn't do that on purpose or you would have known that immediately. Is there a way it can be turned off by accident?

Anyway, I'm glad you got it resolved. That's why I like this forum. Someone here has had that same problem before.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #18

There is actually a switch on the LP gas detector to turn it on or off. After I had tested the gas and got the stove burners working, I turned the LP detector back off and could hear an audible click under the motorhome where the LP tank is located. I assume that click was the solenoid at the tank closing. With regards to how it got turned off, I just bought the motorhome and it was off when I got it...
Old 04-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would love to see pictures of the tank outlet, (Where the line comes out of the tank) as others have said.. I thought a manual vlave was an absolute requirement at that point.

But .. alas, "Thought" is the key word there.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #20

I'm not sure of the Bounder but some coaches have another switch for the gas in a compartment or near the fill valve if it is located away from the tank.
camper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
My 96 Pace has a shut off at the tank with a handle similar to a water spigot. Almost every year I forget to turn the switch on the LP Detector back on. It is also the first thing they turn off if you take it into a shop for service. You have no idea how many matches I would go through trying to light the stove before I finally remembered. Got one of those electronic lighters now.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The tanks also have a high flow shut off. If a line ruptures it senses the excess flow and shuts it off or almost off. If you open the valve too quickly it triggers the valve and no fuel will flow. You need to shut it off and reopen it slowly.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #23

i just bought a 99 bounder and am having the same prob no gas to anything where is the lp sensor located
geckocars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:36 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
LP Sensor

I think it depends on the floor plan. Mine is down at the floor level just below a drawer in the cabinet that the stove is set in. The drawer actually sticks out past the sensor which makes it hard find if your standing up. It is not hard to see once you get down to it's level it is a good size face plate.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:32 PM   #25

Mine is located in the bedroom on the lower bed platform

Tags
gas