Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2023, 07:44 AM   #1

No power coming from Magnum Inverter

2012 Bounder 35K. Trying to get it ready to sell. Found out yesterday that there isn't any power coming from the invertor to the designated outlets. They work on shore power just fine. 12V system works fine. Checked the GFI in the main bath and not tripped. Checked the fuse panel under the closet and nothing tripped. Are there any other fuses anywhere for that system? It's the Magnum from the factory (not sure of the wattage). Thanks in advance!
1ramblingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2023, 07:58 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
My magnum has push in breakers on the side of the inverter.
Old 03-24-2023, 08:47 AM   #3

Check the push in breakers on the unit as Fishar suggested and look at the 300 amp fuse that is inline from the positive battery cable. This powers the Inverter, so not having any power suggests it might be blown.

Hope this helps

Nem
Old 03-24-2023, 02:55 PM   #4

Thank you for the input! After doing some digging and testing, I finally called Magnum and spoke with a gentleman named Scott in the support department. After long conversation and trying to figure things out, it looks like it's the "remote" mounted just inside the door to the left. He said these models were only used for a short period of time and discontinued due to their poor performance and issues. He thinks that upgrading to model ME-MR25 should solve the issues due to the old model malfunctioning and not being able to be programmed. He walked me through a variety of tests and everything pointed to the remote. Said to call back when I was ready to put it in and he'd walk me through the installation and programming. Will update when I get to that point and hopefully all will work well and this will also help someone else out.
Old 03-25-2023, 10:57 AM   #5
US1

Can't you just unplug the remote to eliminate that as an problem? Did you check the breaker on the side of your inverter?
Old 03-25-2023, 10:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ramblingman View Post
Thank you for the input! After doing some digging and testing, I finally called Magnum and spoke with a gentleman named Scott in the support department. After long conversation and trying to figure things out, it looks like it's the "remote" mounted just inside the door to the left. He said these models were only used for a short period of time and discontinued due to their poor performance and issues. He thinks that upgrading to model ME-MR25 should solve the issues due to the old model malfunctioning and not being able to be programmed. He walked me through a variety of tests and everything pointed to the remote. Said to call back when I was ready to put it in and he'd walk me through the installation and programming. Will update when I get to that point and hopefully all will work well and this will also help someone else out.
Problem is the new remote ($150) still doesn’t give you lithium capabilities or pure sine. I am in the same boat. When anything breaks on my MM1212 I will be replacing with something a lot better. The Victron Multiplus ($850) has a lot more features and at the top of my list. A new Magnum is over ($1600).
Old 03-28-2023, 02:39 PM   #7

Curious how it works out.
Old 03-30-2023, 05:31 PM   #8

Here's an interesting tidbit.... The new remote is delayed until tomorrow of course but I was checking things and the outlets above the driver seat have 107 volts going to them. Checked the other ones that are supposed to be on the inverter have nothing. Any thoughts on that? I was told by the tech at Magnum that the remote I ordered is programmable and can also select what type of batteries are working with it and has memory settings. It was the one he recommended. Time will tell when it's installed. Need to get this done so I can get the coach listed for sale.
Old 03-30-2023, 10:39 PM   #9

Sounds like transfer switch in Magnum is not working.

Was the 107v when plugged in or from the generator?
Old 03-31-2023, 11:09 AM   #10

The 107 was strictly off the inverter. No shore power plugged in and genny not running. There are 5 outlets that are powered from the inverter when no shore power or genny. The only outlet that has any power at the moment from the inverter is above the driver's seat and that's the one that read 107.
Old 04-01-2023, 02:52 PM   #11

So here's an update. Got the new remote last night and put it in this morning. Same situation. Light on inverter is blinking once every 4 seconds which a "low battery voltage warning. I checked the batteries, two tandem 6 volt AGM's and they were 6.9 and 7.04 volts. The breakers on the side of the Magnum are not tripped. There is 14.9 volts on the big terminals on the inverter. I double checked all the breakers and all good. The GFCI in the master bath works fine on shore power and is resetable. The oddest thing is that the only outlets getting any kind of power are above the drivers seat and at 110 volts. That kinda tells me that there's something somewhere that splits the power up going to the different outlets??? They were at 107 when I checked them with the old remote. The outlets over the kitchen sink, above the fireplace, each bathroom and outside tv have no power. (I swithed the outside tv over to the inverter when I replaced the main tv). All of these outlets were working before it was parked for the winter, but we had a guest stay in it for a couple of months and it hasn't sat without power all winter. Are there any other fuses anywhere or a panel that controls the power from the inverter to different outlets? I know it was mentioned that there's a 300 amp fuse on the positive battery cable going to the inverter but there's power going to the plugs above the driver seat. Does any of this go through the battery control center after coming out of the inverter? Just wondering if there are different relays or fuses to the different outlets that run on the inverter. Hate to say it but will have to call a mobile rv repair next week if I can't get this figured out. Any input is greatly appreciated!
Old 04-01-2023, 04:42 PM   #12

Is it possible you have another ground fault receptical someplace? Storage bay. Behind a washer dryer hook up?
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 12:11 AM   #13

The only outlets on the inverter are the following:
Bedroom TV - overhead cabinet
Bedroom - right side below TV
Living Room - outlet behind mid TV, accessed by removing wall hanging in mid bathroom.
Cabinet above drivers seat - for TV, DVD player.
Passenger seat - outlet near foot.

Outside TV is NOT on inverter, but I ran a drop cord from outlet in mid bathroom wall down the wall, under the refrigerator, and plugged outside tv in.

There are no other outlets on inverter. None in kitchen or living room, or fireplace.
Old 04-02-2023, 12:25 AM   #14

I am concerned HOW you changed the outside tv to be on the inverter. The inverter output is to a SINGLE circuit that provides a maximum of 12 amp output through its built in transfer switch.

If you MOVED wires in the circuit breaker panel to get the mid tv and other outlets on the inverter… that is your problem. This would put possibly everything on the inverter… think water heater, refrigerator, etc.

Download the Magnum MM1212 inverter manual from their website and you can see info about your inverter. I suggest you put the wires back to factory and use my alternative method to get outside tv on inverter (see previous post).

Tags
no power, power, inverter