Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2019, 01:56 PM   #1

No power to the front A/C

I have a 2001 fleetwood expedition 36. The power to the front A/C has gone out. There is power at the circuit breaker but not at the control panel. Are there any interrupts or solenoids between the circuit breakers and the control panel of the coleman unit? This unit has a 4k generator and it doesn't work on land power or generator.
gbroughman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2019, 05:11 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbroughman View Post
I have a 2001 fleetwood expedition 36. The power to the front A/C has gone out. There is power at the circuit breaker but not at the control panel. Are there any interrupts or solenoids between the circuit breakers and the control panel of the coleman unit? This unit has a 4k generator and it doesn't work on land power or generator.

Your unit might be similar to mine. I used to have it in an OEM format with 30 amp shoreline service, but the aggravation of not being able to operate both A/C units at the same time made me resort to paying to have it upgraded to 50 amp service.

Your problem could be as simple as switching the switch over by the sink that controls the microwave or water heater to the opposite setting and then see if your A/C works.

If that's no help then it is probably one of the transfer switches located under your bed. They are identical, both rated for 15 amps, and they are grossly underrated for the application - which is one reason I upgraded the entire electrical system. If one of those switches is bad, it prevents your second HVAC system from getting line voltage.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret60sp View Post
Your unit might be similar to mine. I used to have it in an OEM format with 30 amp shoreline service, but the aggravation of not being able to operate both A/C units at the same time made me resort to paying to have it upgraded to 50 amp service.

Your problem could be as simple as switching the switch over by the sink that controls the microwave or water heater to the opposite setting and then see if your A/C works.

If that's no help then it is probably one of the transfer switches located under your bed. They are identical, both rated for 15 amps, and they are grossly underrated for the application - which is one reason I upgraded the entire electrical system. If one of those switches is bad, it prevents your second HVAC system from getting line voltage.

I know this may be a little off track but I have a similar problem. This summer we were camping in our 2000 Discovery it was hot and we had both ACs running. On shore power.All of sudden pop and everything quit. I heard the circuit breaker click. Shut off shore power and shut everything off. Then reset the breaker went out and switched the power back on. Everything else seemed normal but the front AC wouldn’t come on. At the time I thought it was toast! About a week later while running the generator I decide to give it a try it ran like a champ. I thought it was just a glitch. Well we went camping again and plugged in and the front AC would not work on shore power. Turn the gen on it runs. Do you think there is a fuse that was blown?
Ezdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 08:28 PM   #4

If you have the Intellitec controller that sheds the AC's depending on amperage draw.
Try loading the system with a small load and then turn on the AC1 (front), I just turn on the AC2 fan only to establish a load...There is an issue with the Intellitec load sharing when on shore power...Good Luck..
Old 09-28-2019, 02:45 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyre View Post
If you have the Intellitec controller that sheds the AC's depending on amperage draw.
Try loading the system with a small load and then turn on the AC1 (front), I just turn on the AC2 fan only to establish a load...There is an issue with the Intellitec load sharing when on shore power...Good Luck..

I agree with Gary.

Even on our new 50 amp upgrade, we left the intellitec controller in place to manage the AC units and now, on occasion, we have to at least have the front AC1 fan on to get the AC2 compressor to come on. Once its on we can switch off the AC1 unit completely and the AC2 unit works perfectly. It has something to do with the quirky intellitec unit.

Tags
no power, power