Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2020, 04:49 PM   #1

No Shore Power to Coach

Had my Coach plugged into 50 Amp shore power. I had left fans on and refrigerator on. When I returned to the RV after a week, I had no shore power to the RV. I checked the power pole and the power outlet is ok. I don’t know what the problem is. My inverter is working, I have lights and can operate the refrigerator if I charge the house batteries off the generator. Is there a fuse I need to check?

We have had bad weather, I was wondering if lightening could have struck and caused a problem.

Any ideas will be helpful.
2007 Fleetwood Providence 40X DP
Thanks Thomas
Tom222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2020, 05:19 PM   #2

No Shore Power to Coach

It has been a while, but if I remember correctly when we had power at the pole but not to the coach it was a “inverter main” breaker on the AC panel. Our’s is a 2002 Eagle so it may be different.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 05:45 PM   #3

No power at all inside ? No air conditioner ?

Do you have a built in surge protector ?

If equipped, move the cord real in and out.

If all is working on generator, including air conditioner, then it may be your auto transfer switch. Power off, remove cover and check wire connections.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:51 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Not any fuse involved; shore power is controlled by relays and circuit breakers. Make sure you check all 120v power circuits - it is quite conceivable that a few are still working from shore power. Try the non-inverter circuits, e.g. air conditioners.

Do all the 120v circuits have power with the genset running? If so, the problem may be the shore power transfer switch being stuck on generator or the shore side has a failed relay. If not, the problem is likely in the inverter or the load center (breaker box).

Do you have a power protection device, aka EMS or surge protector? If that has failed or shows a fault, it won't allow power from the shore cord but generator and inverter almost surely still work..
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 10:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Not any fuse involved; shore power is controlled by relays and circuit breakers. Make sure you check all 120v power circuits - it is quite conceivable that a few are still working from shore power. Try the non-inverter circuits, e.g. air conditioners.

Do all the 120v circuits have power with the genset running? If so, the problem may be the shore power transfer switch being stuck on generator or the shore side has a failed relay. If not, the problem is likely in the inverter or the load center (breaker box).

Do you have a power protection device, aka EMS or surge protector? If that has failed or shows a fault, it won't allow power from the shore cord but generator and inverter almost surely still work..

Update: got partial power inside by turning everything off and turning it back on after a while. The air conditioner works but no outlets. The inverter has a red warning light with message(unknown 15 A fault) maybe fuse? I guess my next stop with be repair shop. But often they just have to trace it down at $150 an hour.
Also had a surge protector on my power cord.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:02 AM   #6

No shore power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post

Sir, Are you talking about the in house breaker box? That a breaker could be bad?
Old 04-21-2020, 11:12 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Look on the inverter itself, somewhere on it there is a little button type switch that has likely popped out - press it back in. That will reset the internal breaker on the inverter.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:47 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yes do try the reset button. Is yours a Magnum (possible Magna-Sine) inverter. If so can you give me the model number and I'll attempt to find that fault message and see what it means.

----------------------------------------------------------------
2020 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 44H
Was 2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40E
ecsproull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:19 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom222 View Post
Sir, Are you talking about the in house breaker box? That a breaker could be bad?
This pic might be help. In your main breaker box there should be an inverter in #1 and inverter in #2. Check to see if they are tripped. The way it works is you have two inputs to the breaker panel. In the picture on the far left there are Main #1 and Main #2. They run stuff like the AC units and other things that you need shore power for. They come from either shore power or generator power. You also have two lines coming in from the inverter and those are our current suspects.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_ECS9971.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	278.1 KB
ID:	282601  
ecsproull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 12:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Update: got partial power inside by turning everything off and turning it back on after a while. The air conditioner works but no outlets. The inverter has a red warning light with message(unknown 15 A fault) maybe fuse? I guess my next stop with be repair shop. But often they just have to trace it down at $150 an hour.

Also had a surge protector on my power cord.

Did you check gfi’s ?
Old 04-22-2020, 12:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Had my Coach plugged into 50 Amp shore power. I had left fans on and refrigerator on. When I returned to the RV after a week, I had no shore power to the RV. I checked the power pole and the power outlet is ok. I don’t know what the problem is. My inverter is working, I have lights and can operate the refrigerator if I charge the house batteries off the generator. Is there a fuse I need to check?

We have had bad weather, I was wondering if lightening could have struck and caused a problem.

Any ideas will be helpful.
2007 Fleetwood Providence 40X DP
Thanks Thomas
Turn all your 120 volt circuit breaker OFF the ON. Lights are 12 volts dc. That's why they work off your charged battery.

Reset the GFI outlet in the bathroom. If it does not test and reset then you still don't have shore power.
Old 04-23-2020, 02:16 PM   #12

Reset buttom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
Look on the inverter itself, somewhere on it there is a little button type switch that has likely popped out - press it back in. That will reset the internal breaker on the inverter.
The bottoms on side on inverter are not tripped
Old 04-23-2020, 02:17 PM   #13

Yes, checked gfi’s
Old 04-23-2020, 02:19 PM   #14

Breakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecsproull View Post
This pic might be help. In your main breaker box there should be an inverter in #1 and inverter in #2. Check to see if they are tripped. The way it works is you have two inputs to the breaker panel. In the picture on the far left there are Main #1 and Main #2. They run stuff like the AC units and other things that you need shore power for. They come from either shore power or generator power. You also have two lines coming in from the inverter and those are our current suspects.

Hope this helps.
I only have 1 inverter breaker, I plan on checking all the breakers to see if they are all good.

Tags
power, shore power