Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2016, 03:34 PM   #1

No Slide Out/Backup Camera Power

HELP PLEASE...Today I was installing a new backup camera system. I used the same power /ground/reverse wires that was already with old camera system. everything was going great ,went in to house for lunch and came back I had no power to camera checked it with test light to be sure. so I checked fuses in engine compartment all good. went to run bedroom slide out nothing happened .tried main slide still nothing only thing I can think of is some how my bear wires shorted out while at lunch and must be tied to slide outs ...now I can't find fuses or what ever I need to do to get it working again and still no power at back up camera..2006 Fleetwood bounder 35E....THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU
MLHJDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2016, 04:10 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Start by checking the Circuit Breaker for the slide out in the Battery Control Center. See page 15 or 16 of the attached manual. Look at the lower RH corner of the drawing and you will find a 30 amp breaker for the slide. Now if the chassis battery is disconnected there should be no power to the slide outs so look at this also. As for the camera be sure as you said you haven't got the power wires shorted to ground somewhere. Once you have checked all these things try the slides again.

Battery+Control+Center.pdf
Old 09-24-2016, 03:35 PM   #3

It took a while but I got it fixed ...Thank you for your help... the slide out must of been wired to ignition some how because I found a bad relay on ignition . I checked circuit breaker it was ok ...all I did was replace that rely and it works now...Thanks for giving me a place to start I never though of that power box ...Thanks again
MLHJDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:21 PM   #4

Good job finding the problem! As I understand, several things are connected to the ignition switch "system"- these include door steps, awnings, leveling jacks and the slides. The idea is to prevent you from driving off with these items still deployed. Again nice job troubleshooting this problem. I would have just released the brake on the electric motor, and cranked it in with an socket and ratchet, then figure it out later...
Old 09-25-2016, 05:52 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
As John said the slide is run through the ignition relay. But guess what, I can move my coach with the slides out. As long as the relay is activated or closed power is available for the slides. What I found on my coach was a hack job rewiring so the slides would extend without the ignition on. I put the wiring back to factory specs. I don't think there is a safety switch to prevent the coach from moving with the slides extended. The owners manual only cautions to not move the coach with slides extended. The jacks are safe through the parking brake and the steps are safe through a door proximity switch although you can move the coach with the steps out if the screen door is open. Again all this is run through the Ignition relay in the BCC. Glad you were able to get back up and running.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:08 AM   #6

Glad you could replace the relay and get it started again!
RV_Fan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:58 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi I have a 2004 Fleetwood bounder 35E. I have the same exact problem you had I lost power to my slides and rear view monitor. After looking at the slide schematic I suspected the ignition relay as the problem and I think I’m on the right track since you have a similar model and had the exact same problem. What I need to know is what exact relay you replaced? where can I find it?
hugoayala2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, slide out, slide, camera