Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2023, 03:41 PM   #1

Oil and Fuel Filter Change steps (Pace Arrow 38K)

As reputable RV service centers have become backlogged several months, I was looking to possibly take on the task of changing my own oil and fuel filters, however, the only videos I see are for Semi Trucks or one where the person filmed themselves doing it the first time.

Is anyone aware if reliable information is available online?
MarkandBern is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2023, 06:13 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Well having purchased a used Providence around 3 years ago, I learned a great deal from this forum.
With this forums feedback and pictures, along with various utube videos for supplemental reference, I do all the annual maintenance on our coach, without any issue.
I’m no mechanic, but mechanically inclined.
Pick your topic of maintenance, do your internet research and ask questions if things don’t make sense.

If you are able to service your car, you would be able to service your coach, is my opinion.

Good luck
Old 05-16-2023, 06:14 PM   #3

Can you please add the year of your coach , chassis manufacturer and engine series , to your post ; for the best answers .
Old 05-16-2023, 06:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkandBern View Post
As reputable RV service centers have become backlogged several months, I was looking to possibly take on the task of changing my own oil and fuel filters, however, the only videos I see are for Semi Trucks or one where the person filmed themselves doing it the first time.

What engine, in what motorhome?
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 06:41 PM   #5

Quote:

Looks like a 38k comes on a freightliner chassis and Cummins engine. Changing oil is straight forward just a lot more than a car. Fuel filters can be messy, have you new filter ready to install.
Old 05-17-2023, 06:05 AM   #6

If it's a Cummins engine, read and understand the directions for changing the fuel filters. Some need to be prefilled, some need to be primed, and so on. (On ours, the first filter has to be prefilled and the second is primed with the lift pump.) Failure to follow those instructions can be a real learning experience, because you might need to find out how to bleed the diesel out of the engine's fuel system before the engine runs again...
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 03:22 PM   #7

Cummins ISB 6.7L The coach is a 2017 Pace Arrow 38K
Old 05-17-2023, 03:30 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Cummins ISB 6.7L The coach is a 2017 Pace Arrow 38K
Any way we can put that in his signature?
2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37c, 8.1 gasser, (Jezebel) Ultra RV ECM / TCM, plugs wires, and rear track bar, PPE deep Tx pan w/ temp gage, Bilstein's, Sailun's & Sumo's all round, pushed by a 2002 Grand Caravan, on a Master Tow Dolly OR a WR-250 on a rail.
Flyer15015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 08:30 AM   #9

Quote:

Thanks for all your responses. I did end up calling Cummins and was surprised to find that they will provide digital access to a large library of service, parts and fault manuals free of charge. Was very impressed and they will also speak with you about the contents of those manuals should you have questions. The service is called Quick Serve Online.

Tags
ace, fuel, fuel filter change, pace arrow, steps