Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2021, 05:45 PM   #29

American Coach Owners Club
Save yourself some time and energy and go directly for replacement…Mackwrench is correct: There are no parts available! I explored all the options I could find, making many calls to electrical repair shops familiar with the Source Manger and was told the same thing everywhere: “They haven’t been manufactured in over a decade and there’s no replacement parts available.”

My Heart Source Manger inverted fine but the battery charger under-charged my batteries while showing they were being fully charged on the Freedom Remote Control Panel. I liked the SM concept and invested a lot of time learning about it and trying to save it. But in the end Mackwench, Puptruk95, and others provided good advise and instructions on replacing it. Wish I had listen earlier and got on with it. You can find a lot of replacement info at: “Heart Source Manager 20 Replacement” on this forum. Several different make/model of inverter/chargers have been used for replacement but very detailed info (including pics) on diy installation for each are available.

I installed the Xantrex 3012 Freedom SW 3000 Watt as replacement for my SM-25 because it is a pure sine wave unit and I have a residential refrigerator with electronic controls where it was recommended. Modified sine wave will work but while spending this much it seems smart to use the upgraded equipment.

Wishing you success regardless of which direction you go.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2021, 06:07 AM   #30

Spartan Chassis
update on my progress and thanks for all comments
we left 10 days ago on trip to hot springs ak.
trip should be about 1500 miles.
1st day turned off heart freedom remote in coach started gen up running.
drove about 2 1/2 hours with no issue then noticed ac had shut down.
stopped at next available spot tried to restart gen with no luck
didn't check code at this time just continued to rv part 1 1/2 hours down road.

left a few days later this time turned off button on box under bed.
gen started all good 4 hours 20 minutes later same thing gen just shut down this time code was 12 just like before over voltage.
My question for today is just what is shut down when switch is turned off on Box under bed
what is turned off with switch on remote.
is charger off?
is inverter off.
auto power switch is working no matter on or off
inverter is still on.
any information is welcome
gremsg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onan