Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2014, 10:43 AM   #1

Onan generator slideout on American Eagle

I just purchased a 1992 American Eagle and cannot figure out how to slide out the generator in the front of the coach. There are no instructions, that I can find in the manuals. Can anyone help??
Thanks!!
acgripmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2014, 11:59 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Howdy and welcome to iRV2! Congrats on the Eagle. Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but if no one show up to help--give Fleetwood Customer Service a call. (800) 322-8216 They are very helpful.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #3

If it is like my 98, open the compartment directly below the driver's window.

If it is like my 98 there will be a rocker switch mounted on the wall to move the genny slide in and out.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:58 PM   #4

OK, no automation here. In the middle of the bumper, below it there should be a handle shaped like a U pull up on it and at the same time pull out. They are heavy and do no come out real easy. The handle hangs down below the bumper and could have be knocked off. If it was look under the bumper and you will see that there is a latch device that holds it from accidently coming out. If the handle is gone, release the latch and have a helper pull on the center section of the bumper.
Good luck with the 92. I think they are great, I have done a lot of work on mine. If you have any other questions I will try and help you.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:53 AM   #5

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE Gary View Post
OK, no automation here. In the middle of the bumper, below it there should be a handle shaped like a U pull up on it and at the same time pull out. They are heavy and do no come out real easy. The handle hangs down below the bumper and could have be knocked off. If it was look under the bumper and you will see that there is a latch device that holds it from accidently coming out. If the handle is gone, release the latch and have a helper pull on the center section of the bumper.
Good luck with the 92. I think they are great, I have done a lot of work on mine. If you have any other questions I will try and help you.
Ditto-- Once it's out get under there and grease the slide wheels and the frame rails it slides on, in addition lube the locking pins and spring shafts - Will make it a lot easier on your back when you need it out.
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:58 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
...give Fleetwood Customer Service a call. (800) 322-8216 They are very helpful...
Good suggestion, but he needs the AC tech line which is (800) 435-7345, they too are very good and helpful.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:30 PM   #7

Just watched a video on the 92 Eagle, mid-entry.

Genny slide was actuated by a switch underneath the forward most compartment on the passenger side of the coach.

Looked and sounded pneumatic.....if so I would think you would have to be aired up to use this feature.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:22 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
Good suggestion, but he needs the AC tech line which is (800) 435-7345, they too are very good and helpful.

Either number works. If you call the number Sarah posted you are given the option of pushing 1 for AC or 2 for FW.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:19 AM   #9

The 1992 Eagle has a Manual release and Pull Bar to slide the Genny out. In 1993 and up Fleetwood installed an Electric slide out system with the switch located by the Genny Battery door- forward pass side vertical door w 2 key locks..
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #10

Thank to all of you for taking the time to help me. As soon as I get a chance to go to storage I will attempt to slide the generator out and will report me findings.
Again, thank you!!!!!!!!All.
Phil
acgripmaker is offline   Reply With Quote