Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2016, 05:21 PM   #1

Our new Bounder is on the road!

We got the call today that our new Bounder 36H is on the road and may be here as early as tomorrow afternoon, Monday at the latest!!! Hopefully, we will have possession of it by the middle of next week. Our maiden voyage is planned for the weekend of July 3rd.

We started out in a tiny R-Pod with three big dogs. Then we moved up to a 29 ft. travel trailer and went from 3 dogs down to 1. Our last dog passed away a week ago. I was really looking forward to taking a few trips with her before she was gone. After all, that's why we like the rv life, so our dogs could travel with us. My husband said we could bring the cats but I think we'll wait for a year before we take them on the road.

I am very excited and incredibly nervous. Dh has been driving a bus the past few years so that should help to ease my anxiety. Plus, he has promised to keep the speed down. I'm hoping to take a few driving lessons with one of his trainers at work so I can help with the driving this summer.

We've done a lot of reading, researching, and following blogs so we know there will be some (or many) kinks to work out.

If all goes well, we will sell the house in two years and full time for a year or two before we decide where to retire to.

We are looking forward to many adventures (of the good kind) on the road.

-Tim's Wife
TravelingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2016, 08:36 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Dear Tim and wife, congrats, I just purchased my first ever RV. After searching for 2 1/2 years. And I get the whole Dog thing we have three and leave in the morning on our first trip. Only the 2 Boys will be traveling with us. We are leaving our 18 1/2 year old Jack Russel home. I'm afraid a 3 week trip might be too much. Cheers and happy trails.
P.S we have 2014 Fleetwood 33A.
Nonnaof Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:43 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Glad you joined us here in the forum.

Congratulation on your new Bounder. I wish you a lot of luck and good times with it.

Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:54 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2 and the Bounder Family. We have a 38 ft Bounder DP and DW drives half of our travels! Happy Travels.
LEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:12 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2 and you will get lots of good advice and tip on this forum.

Congrads on the new coach. Can't wait to see some pictures.
BarryN514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 07:03 PM   #6

We have a new Bounder 33C that we bought in December. We love it. We have been on a couple of one week trips, and have one more short trip before we leave for six weeks in mid June.
Elwood58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 07:25 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Welcome to this awesome forum and congratulations on your new Bounder. RVing is a great lifestyle. RVers are super friendly and helpful. Everywhere we go, east, west, north, or south, we always meet super people. Enjoy your new RV and be safe out there.

Tags
bounder